What's new

Warner Bros Archive Wish List 2022 and Beyond!! (1 Viewer)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well, I recently posted my wishlist in the WAC thread, but I guess I can do it here, too, and throw in a few hoped-for UHD releases.
First, the Blu-ray wishlist:
  • EVERY remaining Fred Astaire musical (with particular emphasis for the three Astaire & Rogers/Irving Berlin collaborations and The Sky's The Limit)
  • every remaining Gene Kelly musical
  • every remaining Warner-owned Bing Crosby film
  • every remaining Ginger Rogers film (although, to be fair, the only ones with much of a shot, besides the Astaire-Rogers films, would be Stage Door, Kitty Foyle and Bachelor Mother)
  • the remaining Marge and Gower Champion films (particularly Love To Look At)
  • 7 of the 8 Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy films (the only reason it's not all eight is that WAC has mentioned previously that they do NOT have the film elements to bring Sweethearts to Blu-ray)
  • more Jeanette MacDonald/Nelson Eddy solo vehicles
  • more Eleanor Powell
  • more Clark Gable (particularly Dancing Lady and Idiot's Delight)
  • The remaining Marx Brothers films, especially A Day At The Races and Go West (although I suspect it will be another year before we see any more of these)
  • Arsenic And Old Lace (which at least sounds like it is coming, possibly as one of Criterion's October releases)
  • more Christmas-related films (although those are most likely to show up at the tail end of the year)
  • more Doris Day musicals (particularly Tea For Two)
  • more Judy Garland
  • more Frank Sinatra musicals
  • the Abbott and Costello films (especially Lost In A Harem)
  • It's A Date with Deanna Durbin
  • most of the remaining Warner/RKO/MGM musicals from the 1930s - 1950s (there are some exceptions, but I know that those exceptions have their fans, too, and I want those to come out for their sakes, too)
  • among more recent films, I would like Surf Ninjas (1993) and Take The Lead (2006) (assuming I've got it right as to which studio owns these)
And now, for UHD.
From either WHV or WAC (these could realistically go either way):
  • Easter Parade
  • An American In Paris
  • The Music Man
  • Gigi
  • Meet Me In St. Louis
  • The Adventures Of Robin Hood
From WAC (I realistically don't see WHV touching these, so it might be a while, depending on how long it takes WAC to get into the UHD game):
  • Calamity Jane
  • Kiss Me Kate
  • The Band Wagon
  • pretty much any musical from the 1930s-1950s that WAC has released on Blu-ray
I could easily list a few other films I want on UHD that haven't even been released yet on Blu-ray, but the general impression I'm getting is that, if it's not on Blu-ray to begin with, it likely won't make the jump to UHD, no matter how much we may think it is appropriate for the format.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Well, I recently posted my wishlist in the WAC thread, but I guess I can do it here, too, and throw in a few hoped-for UHD releases.
First, the Blu-ray wishlist:
  • EVERY remaining Fred Astaire musical (with particular emphasis for the three Astaire & Rogers/Irving Berlin collaborations and The Sky's The Limit)
  • every remaining Gene Kelly musical
  • every remaining Warner-owned Bing Crosby film
  • every remaining Ginger Rogers film (although, to be fair, the only ones with much of a shot, besides the Astaire-Rogers films, would be Stage Door, Kitty Foyle and Bachelor Mother)
  • the remaining Marge and Gower Champion films (particularly Love To Look At)
  • 7 of the 8 Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy films (the only reason it's not all eight is that WAC has mentioned previously that they do NOT have the film elements to bring Sweethearts to Blu-ray)
  • more Jeanette MacDonald/Nelson Eddy solo vehicles
  • more Eleanor Powell
  • more Clark Gable (particularly Dancing Lady and Idiot's Delight)
  • The remaining Marx Brothers films, especially A Day At The Races and Go West (although I suspect it will be another year before we see any more of these)
  • Arsenic And Old Lace (which at least sounds like it is coming, possibly as one of Criterion's October releases)
  • more Christmas-related films (although those are most likely to show up at the tail end of the year)
  • more Doris Day musicals (particularly Tea For Two)
  • more Judy Garland
  • more Frank Sinatra musicals
  • the Abbott and Costello films (especially Lost In A Harem)
  • It's A Date with Deanna Durbin
  • most of the remaining Warner/RKO/MGM musicals from the 1930s - 1950s (there are some exceptions, but I know that those exceptions have their fans, too, and I want those to come out for their sakes, too)
  • among more recent films, I would like Surf Ninjas (1993) and Take The Lead (2006) (assuming I've got it right as to which studio owns these)
And now, for UHD.
From either WHV or WAC (these could realistically go either way):
  • Easter Parade
  • An American In Paris
  • The Music Man
  • Gigi
  • Meet Me In St. Louis
  • The Adventures Of Robin Hood
From WAC (I realistically don't see WHV touching these, so it might be a while, depending on how long it takes WAC to get into the UHD game):
  • Calamity Jane
  • Kiss Me Kate
  • The Band Wagon
  • pretty much any musical from the 1930s-1950s that WAC has released on Blu-ray
I could easily list a few other films I want on UHD that haven't even been released yet on Blu-ray, but the general impression I'm getting is that, if it's not on Blu-ray to begin with, it likely won't make the jump to UHD, no matter how much we may think it is appropriate for the format.
I love the list and I think with Mr. F, we just might be getting a whole bunch of these presents way before Christmas well into 2023.

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
I'm not going to hold my breath. This all looks great to have on Blu-Ray & 4K. But it comes down to Copy Rights & MONEY! And who wants to part with what? And how much they get for it! I will say. More & more is showing up. Keep it coming!

Beckford

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Here are the Warner Bros. titles I’d most like to see Warner Archive release on Blu.

Haven’t included stuff from the other studio catalogues Warners seems to control
(MGM, RKO, Monogram/AA)

And I’ve also left off the Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher classic “Seven Men From Now”
as I understand Batjac, not Warners, now owns it.

chronologically

NOAH’S ARK(1928-Michael Curtiz) George O’Brien
SHE HAD TO SAY YES(1933-Busby Berkeley) Loretta Young
DAMES(1934-Ray Enright) Dick Powell
CAPTAIN BLOOD(1935-Michael Curtiz) Errol Flynn
GOLD-DIGGERS OF 1935(1935-Busby Berkeley) Dick Powell
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM(1935-William Dieterle,Max Reinhardt) James Cagney
COLLEEN(1936-Alfred E. Green) Dick Powell
CONFESSION(1937-Joe May) Kay Francis
GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT(1938-Michael Curtiz) George Brent
JUAREZ(1939-William Dieterle) Bette Davis
THE RETURN OF DR. X(1939-Michael Curtiz) Dennis Morgan
‘TIL WE MEET AGAIN(1940-Edmund Goulding) Merle Oberon
DESPERATE JOURNEY(1942-Raoul Walsh) Errol Flynn
THE HARD WAY(1943-Vincent Sherman) Ida Lupino
THE MASK OF DIMITRIOS(1944-Jean Negulesco) Sydney Greenstreet
THE CORN IS GREEN(1945-Irving Rapper) Bette Davis
HOTEL BERLIN(1945-Peter Godfrey) Raymond Massey
SAN ANTONIO(1945-David Butler) Errol Flynn
HUMORESQUE(1946-Jean Negulesco) Joan Crawford
OF HUMAN BONDAGE(1946-Edmund Goulding) Eleanor Parker
THE MAN I LOVE(1947-Raoul Walsh) Ida Lupino
MY WILD IRISH ROSE(1947-David Butler) Dennis Morgan
SILVER RIVER(1948-Raoul Walsh) Errol Flynn
BEYOND THE FOREST(1949-King Vidor) Bette Davis
IT’S A GREAT FEELING(1949-David Butler) Dennis Morgan
CAGED(1950-John Cromwell) Eleanor Parker
STORM WARNING(1951-Stuart Heisler) Ginger Rogers
SUGARFOOT(1951-Edwin L. Marin) Randolph Scott
THE BEGGAR’S OPERA(1953-Peter Brook) Laurence Olivier
THE SILVER CHALICE(1954-Victor Saville) Paul Newman
LAND OF THE PHARAOHS(1955-Howard Hawks) Jack Hawkins
HELEN OF TROY(1956-Robert Wise) Rossana Podesta
YELLOWSTONE KELLY(1959-Gordon Douglas) Clint Walker

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I might be the only one who will ask for this. But what I really want the most from Warner Bros. is a Blu-ray of Quest For Camelot (1998.) Please and thank you.

1A9E252E-0C0C-429D-A555-807088ECA0B3_4_5005_c.jpeg

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I might be the only one who will ask for this. But what I really want the most from Warner Bros. is a Blu-ray of Quest For Camelot (1998.) Please and thank you.

View attachment 145341

That's a forgotten 90's animated film, WB thought they could give Disney a run for it's money; they lost big time. Came in 3rd the weekend it was released with Deep Impact at 1st and The Horse Whisperer 2nd. The movie almost made 40M which was the film's budget, so WB lost over 200M on this film.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That's a forgotten 90's animated film.
I know most people have forgotten it; that's why I said I might be the only one to ask for it. But I haven't forgotten it and I still want it on Blu-ray.

And on a completely different note, I was looking through my collection and remembered that HBO's Angels in America is still DVD only. It would also be nice to get a Blu-ray upgrade for that terrific adaptation.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I know most people have forgotten it; that's why I said I might be the only one to ask for it. But I haven't forgotten it and I still want it on Blu-ray.

I know about Quest for Camelot from an ad in either Disney Adventures or Nickelodeon Magazine and from the tie-in Sing-Along VHS, which included We're Off To See The Wizard from The Wizard Of Oz which was another tie-in to WB's Special Edition version that was released that same year.

1658121191947.png

1658121245668.png

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I know about it from seeing it in theaters. I probably went opening weekend. It was a big deal to me at the time, even if it wasn't for enough other people.

I think I saw part of it in the after school program I was in at the time that it was released on VHS. I only have really a vague memory of it. It's not one of the more known adaptations of the King Arthur stories.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Can't resist a list, here's ten:

The Big Sky (1952)
Scaramouche (1952)
Land Of The Pharaohs (1956)
Helen Of Troy (1956)
Teahouse Of The August Moon (1956)
Up Periscope (1959)
She (1965)
Start The Revolution Without Me (1970)
Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (1973)
Pennies From Heaven (1981)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks