What's new

TV Shows needing a decent Re-Release? (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Aspect ratio/poor conversion:

Birds of Prey (non-anamorphic WS)

The Closer season 1 was also released as non-anamorphic widescreen.

More generally, anything widescreen that was released on dvd as non-anamorphic ws.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The recycled low resolution and severely cropped scans of this gem are 35 years old.

The show would look incredible scanned and restored in 4K from the original 35mm elements!
A&C.JPG

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I said this on another thread.

:dancing-banana-04:The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show: This series I want to be redone the right way, be shown as it's two separate original names (Rocky & His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show) or the more general name everyone knows The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show no more Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends that it's been going by since 2003. I want to see it complete and packed with features. Shout would be the best company to handle this show. Wouldn't also say no to seeing Moose and Squirrel on Blu as well.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Above all:

M Squad (I'm happy to have it at all, but Lee frickin' Marvin deserves better!)
Rawhide: Season 4

Also:

Soldiers of Fortune
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
(a restored Blu-ray set would seem to be right in Scream Factory's wheelhouse)
My Three Sons
I'm Dickens... He's Fenster
(this one-season wonder needs its back half released in an all-in-one complete series set)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
V - the 1983 mini series in its original aspect ratio
V: The Final Battle - original aspect ratio with NBC recaps (which were like mini movies)
V: The Series - upgraded picture quality, commercial breaks restored, and episode recaps/teasers restored

I Dream of Jeannie: actual b&w prints rather than colorized made to monochrome first season, including subtitles on Jeannie's first episode dialog, opening credits corrected for the color seasons, and sound effects restored.

Bewitched: restored opening credits.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: some sound mix fixes, corrected main and end title music on some episodes. Restore In Color cards in the beginning of all 3rd and 4th season episodes.

Jonny Quest: opening credits made complete (sponsors for at least one episode would be fun), restored end credits.

Branded: holy God, anything would be batter than the muddy 16mm edited syndie prints out now. Unwatchable mess.

Star Trek: sound mix corrected, correct Paramount logos restored, certain crossfades and edits fixed.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^^^
I thought people on this forum have said that the Combat! episodes are intact, but they are sped up, so nothing's missing, but they run a little shorter than you'd think a show of that time would. And my releases of the series--I never thought the quality was poor. ???

I agree about The Joey Bishop Show. A very disappointing (shoddy) release.
You are correct about Combat! - I just forgot! Post fixed (while I still had time). Thanks! :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I totally agree!!! Plus it's missing the three 90 minute recap specials that aired in between the seasons!!! I would luv if some studio would do a re-release of "SOAP"!!!

I know, right? And therefore, they left out new scenes including Bea Arthur's guest star appearance as the angel in one of those recap shows.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The recycled low resolution and severely cropped scans of this gem are 35 years old.

The show would look incredible scanned and restored in 4K from the original 35mm elements!
View attachment 55726
I agree. This is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time . It deserves to be brought up to date in terms of 2019 quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks