What's new

Toshiba 36HFX71 question (1 Viewer)

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a new Toshiba which has a beautiful picture with DVD.

Occasionally, it has a flicker, where the screen shrinks/jiggles, I can't explain it any other way. It is not consistent, and happens with several DVD's, so I don't think it is software related. It is however, very infrequent.

I don't have my Dish digital receiver here yet so I can't say if it is also occurring with over the air or satellite broadcast.

Has anyone else run into this?

Also, are there any trick to this unit?

Thanks, Bill

EricW

Senior HTF Member
my friend has had a 36HFX71 for a few months and has not had that happen. i've had a 36HFX72 for about a month and it hasn't happened... if it's under warranty, you should consider having them look at it...

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Have it looked at, I have had a 36hfx71 for 5 months now, and i ahvent seen neither hair nor hide of that problem. its a beautiful tv isn't it?

by the way im curious what settings do you have on your tv? i am referring to the tint colour contrast and brightness, when i calibrated my tv i came up with settign that too me seemed to be somewhere between 0 and -5 for red green and blue push, just wondering if you guys have gotten a better mix. BTW i used avia.

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't calibrated yet, just turned all the settings down to around 30-40 until it looked right and have waited to let it settle in a little.

I'm not hooked up to the Dish yet, so this could be a DVD issue vs a TV issue, I'm waiting for the final connection with the Dish before calling on the TV. I will also check a few of my other input sources (VHS, and another DVD player, before I make the final decision on the call).

I'll post what I ended up with.

Bill

EricW

Senior HTF Member
John, do you have the service manual? or did you just go into the service menu?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I got my push levels down just using the user menu controls, I dont ahve the gear to check the color temperature of my set so I would not go near the cuts and drives.

that being said i do have some service menu info as i ahve had to correct some geometry issues with the tv. if you need the information i should be able to dig it up.... I ahve been meaning to type the infor up anyway. I only have a few pages of the Manual, but its enough to fix any geometry issues, and it tells you how to get into the service menu.

Let me know if you need any of this info

EricW

Senior HTF Member
John;

yeah, that would be great, i'd appreciate it as well as my friend. it's curious that even though i have the 72 and he has the 71, we have basically the same geometry problem - bottom left warped out and bottom middle squeezed up.

thanks again

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I had those same problems, as well the overscan wasent the same on all sides. it may take me a few days or even a week and a hlaf to get this done tho.... my exams start on mondays, what fun it shall be, Heat Transfer, Industrial Material Stats, Automation and Controls, Mechanical Component design II and Assessment of Technology.... grrrr i hate finals :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks