What's new

Titans + Atoms w/RX-V640 (1 Viewer)

Jonny R

Agent
Using Titans as fronts and Atoms as surrounds, does the 640 (85 watts) have too much power for these? I won't be blasting it too much. Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Too MUCH? Hardly. There is almost no such thing as too much power. I have driven a pair of Atoms with a Marantz PM7000, which yeilds a true 95w/ch, full range, and they had no problem unless driven hard. I am running Titans as surrounds right now and my amp is rated at 120w/ch, crossed over at 80hz, and they are doing just fine as well.

Jonny R

Agent
Thanks, after reading Paradigms website and the max input power for the Atoms was 50 watts I got worried. But I'm stupid, the lowest receiver I've seen recently was 75w.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't worry too much about the max input power. If you look at the "suitable" power, it shows a larger range. The likelihood of there actually being that much power present at the speaker for a sustained period is pretty low.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks