What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Titanic (1997) (4k UHD) (Limited Edition Collector's Boxed Set) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
My review copy of the Collector's Edition arrived - so I have plans for the next few hours! :D

Didn't realize until now they bill it as a "25th Anniversary" set.

Huh? :wacko:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
My review copy of the Collector's Edition arrived - so I have plans for the next few hours! :D

Didn't realize until now they bill it as a "25th Anniversary" set.

Huh? :wacko:
Perhaps they are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the original home video release in September 1998?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Does the collectors edition come with a digital code?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This is a strange one for me. I love Collector's Editions. I have since the Laserdisc days. And I love Titanic. But I can't find myself willing to pay for this one. I'm not certain the extra merits the significant price difference. At $80 or $90, I'd have just bought it. At $130, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

All of that to say, I'm VERY interested on your thoughts, having received the collector's edition of the 4K!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This is a strange one for me. I love Collector's Editions. I have since the Laserdisc days. And I love Titanic. But I can't find myself willing to pay for this one. I'm not certain the extra merits the significant price difference. At $80 or $90, I'd have just bought it. At $130, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

All of that to say, I'm VERY interested on your thoughts, having received the collector's edition of the 4K!
Yeah. I’m tempted to cancel my preorder. $100 extra for some collectibles is nuts.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I've paid that for collectibles on things I cared about less than Titanic. But it's because there was something in the box that I particularly liked. On the Blu Ray CE, I bought it just for the longer box that looked like the hull of the Titanic. I still display that thing! Looking at what's included, nothing jumps out in the pictures, hence my interest in the reviews of someone who has actually openend it.

Basically, I am looking for a reason to consider it. Maybe the picture doesn't do some of the contents justice. I'll be perfectly happy getting the regular edition as well. I just need to decide and order!

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
With the money I'll save by not splurging for the limited collector's edition box set of Titanic, I can buy the Ultimate-Ultimate "No, We Really Mean ULTIMATE This Time, Except The 3-D Versions Are Still Sold Separately" Collector's Editions of Avatar 1&2

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I’d say no, but the book is nice quality, but it’s not what I’d want to spend money on.

IMO, the book's a joke. It's not very long, includes little text and is just a minor collection of movie stills with some script/schematics.

A quality book would've made this set appealing, but this book is too short and not interesting - to me, at least - at all.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I’m tempted to cancel my preorder. $100 extra for some collectibles is nuts.

It's a massive ripoff. I have no idea what Paramount was thinking - other than "Titanic" fans will shell out $$$ for anything attached to the film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if it’s 50% off at Christmas.
Yeah. If it wasn't so expensive for not a huge amount of stuff and if I didn't think there was a good chance of it dropping drastically in price relatively soon, I'd have ordered it. I don't know if it'll be on sale by Christmas but whenever I see it for 50% off, I'll pick it up... even though I'll have the regular version on day one.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
It's a massive ripoff. I have no idea what Paramount was thinking - other than "Titanic" fans will shell out $$$ for anything attached to the film.

A little correction here. Us "Titanic" fans will shell out $$$ for anything connected to the SHIP. The film is rarely on the top of our list. Fans of the film, sure. Fans of the ship? Still yes, but not up to a point when we have to massively overpay for something like this Collector's Edition right here.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
This promo piece is a bit long and starts slow, but once it gets going it's nostalgic and very emotional!
I kept my Amazon order after viewing this extremely polished seduction!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
A little correction here. Us "Titanic" fans will shell out $$$ for anything connected to the SHIP. The film is rarely on the top of our list. Fans of the film, sure. Fans of the ship? Still yes, but not up to a point when we have to massively overpay for something like this Collector's Edition right here.

My reference to "'Titanic' fans" meant fans of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks