What's new

Pre-Order Paramount Presents! Chinatown (1974) (4K UHD) (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's being released in the UK at the same time (June 17 actually) but in a different configuration. It's a Limited Collector's Edition with: Reproduction of theatrical poster. Six art cards with lobby style glossy photos on front. On the reverse side they combine to make a map of Chinatown. Reproduction ‘Land Sold sign’ art card. ‘Jake Gittes’ business card. 'Save our city’ reproduction flyer.

Hey, I want that business card! Unfortunately the set doesn't have The Two Jakes.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It's being released in the UK at the same time (June 17 actually) but in a different configuration. It's a Limited Collector's Edition with: Reproduction of theatrical poster. Six art cards with lobby style glossy photos on front. On the reverse side they combine to make a map of Chinatown. Reproduction ‘Land Sold sign’ art card. ‘Jake Gittes’ business card. 'Save our city’ reproduction flyer.

Hey, I want that business card! Unfortunately the set doesn't have The Two Jakes.
Here's a pic courtesy of ZaaviUs ...
1712208988649.png

One of the most essential film noir classics, CHINATOWN comes to 4K Ultra HD™ for its 50th Anniversary. Jack Nicholson is unforgettable as private eye Jake Gittes, living off the murky moral climate of sunbaked pre-war Southern California. Hired by a beautiful socialite (Faye Dunaway) to investigate her husband’s extra-marital affair, Gittes is swept into a maelstrom of double dealings and deadly deceits as he uncovers a web of personal and political scandals that come crashing together in one unforgettable night.

This 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition includes the following:
Rigid board slipcase
Theatrical poster
Six art cards with lobby style glossy photos on front. On the reverse side they combine to make a map of Chinatown
Reproduction ‘Land Sold sign’ art card
‘Jake Gittes’ business card
'Save our city’ reproduction flyer

"SPECIAL FEATURES
NEW! A State Of Mind: Author Sam Wasson On Chinatown
Commentary By Screenwriter Robert Towne With David Fincher
Chinatown Memories
The Trilogy That Never Was
Water And Power
Chinatown: An Appreciation
Chinatown: The Beginning And The End
Chinatown: Filming
Chinatown: The Legacy"

1712209128430.png

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It's being released in the UK at the same time (June 17 actually) but in a different configuration. It's a Limited Collector's Edition
I'm betting the included Blu-Ray will be the old Chinatown disc, not one based on the new master.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I agree that they’re terrific but I would add the ‘74 The Great Gatsby, ‘79 Alien and all the wonderful Richard Amsel posters: Lucky Lady, Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile to that group.
There are so many great film posters from 1970's - maybe the apex of iconic posters (though the 60s is great too.) The list is endless and this is just domestic. How about THE GODFATHER, Straw Dogs, Taxi Driver, Magnum Force, Dirty Harry, American Graffiti, A Woman Under the Influence, The Sting, Billy Jack, Blazing Saddles, Saturday Night Fever, Rocky...to name just a few.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Hoping someone will buy the UK and report back about the Blu-ray.
Yeah. I went up to Amazon.uk & almost pulled the trigger, then realized the Blu-ray might be the old, DVD-era master. If Arrow had been releasing it, the Blu-ray would be from the same master as the UHD. But with Paramount, you never know.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Pre-order placed, using the link. Can’t wait to get this package.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks