What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Paramount Presents! Terms of Endearment (1983) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81e91gajzXL._SL1000_.jpg

Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the heartfelt drama TERMS OF ENDEARMENT, arriving for the first time on 4K Ultra HD as part of the Paramount Presents line on November 14, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

James L. Brooks produced, wrote the screenplay (based on the novel by Larry McMurtry), and made his directorial debut with TERMS OF ENDEARMENT, which ultimately earned 11 Academy Award® nominations and won for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress in a Leading Role (Shirley MacLaine), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Jack Nicholson), and Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium.

Both critically acclaimed and a box-office blockbuster, TERMS OF ENDEARMENT features a powerhouse cast including Debra Winger, Shirley MacLaine, Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, and John Lithgow. Originally released on November 23, 1983, the enduring classic follows the ups and downs of a mother-daughter relationship with honesty, heart, and humor.

This Paramount Presents release includes the film in sparkling 4K Ultra HD, with a transfer from the original camera negative reviewed and approved by Brooks. The set includes a 4K Ultra HD Disc, a Blu-ray Disc™, access to a Digital copy of the film, as well as a brand-new Filmmaker Focus with James L. Brooks. In this newly recorded interview, Brooks reflects on the challenges and excitement that came with being a first-time director, including getting directing critiques from Jack Nicholson. He also discusses the casting process and the film’s amazing performances. The set also includes a legacy commentary with director James L. Brooks, co-producer Penney Finkelman Cox, and production designer Polly Platt, as well as the theatrical trailer.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
It looks like a two disc set. Will there be Bonus features? The last one was bare bones. I’m really hoping for some bonus materials.

I’ll get this if the transfer is new/improved.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If the price is right, I may bite, but It's not exactly a movie that demands to be seen in 4K.

Reminds me that I've not yet watched my Blu-ray copy.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Itunes version is already 4K Dolby Vision which is all I need for this film. I have it on blu ray.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
I love this movie and will be purchasing it but Paramount Home Entertainment has me perplexed as to which films they decide to release themselves, which films they license out, and which films they decide to release as an individual 4K UHD disc, a Paramount Presents 4K UHD disc, or as a Paramount Presents blu-ray and then a non-Paramount Presents 4K UHD disc of the same title.

There's no cohesiveness. There's no rhyme or reason.

For example, they released both Fatal Attraction and Trading Places as Paramount Presents Blu-rays and then whent ahead and released them again as 4K UHD non-Paramount Present titles.

Then there are other titles like this one and Blue Hawaii that are released as 4K UHD discs under the Paramount Pictures banner outright. Why didn't they just release Fatal Attraction and Trading Places as Paramount Presents 4K UHD titles so that people didn't have to double dip?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Things I like about Paramount Presents:
  • They include a reproduction of original poster art in the slipcover
  • They include a digital code
That's it.
I'm not sure having a digital code is unique to Paramount Presents titles because I received a non-Paramount Presents 4K/UHD title today that has a digital code and it's a catalog title.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm not sure having a digital code is unique to Paramount Presents titles because I received a non-Paramount Presents 4K/UHD title today that has a digital code and it's a catalog title.
Then it's just the slipcover. At this point, I only have one PP title: Ragtime. I'll eventually grab Bugsy Malone when the exchange rate is more in my favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks