What's new

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
trainwreck GIF

Robert Saccone

Premium
Of course, the best way to view Terminator 2 and Titanic is via their excellent 3D conversions, which stimulate portions of the visual cortex that flat images simply do not. And when both the left and right images are upscaled to 4K by the appropriate projectors, the image quality of each is truly outstanding.
I’ll take them both in 3D for viewing on the Vision Pro!

VisionMan

Grip
Real Name
David
I haven't had a chance to view the Vision Pro in action, but from what I've read, the 3D image from Terminator 2 and Titanic should be great. But from a sonic perspective, I think the 7.1 mix on the T2 3D disc and the 5.1 mix on the Titanic 3D discs would sound much more immersive and powerful when upmixed via DTS Neural-X on your sound system, for example, than via the sound system on the Vision Pro. (I also have 4 SVS Prime elevations in my 9.3.4 system!)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I'm not gonna get into the weeds of what's going on in this thread other than to say...

I'm holding onto this deluxe DVD version of Titanic, which serves us just fine, all these years later:
1710529773433.png

1710529796514.png

1710529849687.png

1710529868903.png

1710529888568.png

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Of course, the best way to view Terminator 2 and Titanic is via their excellent 3D conversions, which stimulate portions of the visual cortex that flat images simply do not. And when both the left and right images are upscaled to 4K by the appropriate projectors, the image quality of each is truly outstanding.
There's a 3D edition of Terminator 2?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There's a 3D edition of Terminator 2?

Yes, it was converted to 3D approximately 7-8 years ago and released theatrically.

The 3D disc version was released in international markets but not in the United States. The disc is Zone B locked.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I haven't had a chance to view the Vision Pro in action, but from what I've read, the 3D image from Terminator 2 and Titanic should be great. But from a sonic perspective, I think the 7.1 mix on the T2 3D disc and the 5.1 mix on the Titanic 3D discs would sound much more immersive and powerful when upmixed via DTS Neural-X on your sound system, for example, than via the sound system on the Vision Pro. (I also have 4 SVS Prime elevations in my 9.3.4 system!)
The Vision Pro is the only way I have to watch 3D content, thanks tv manufacturers. Yes I agree it can’t match my Audio system but it is still very good and topped my expectations.

VisionMan

Grip
Real Name
David
Yes, it was converted to 3D approximately 7-8 years ago and released theatrically.

The 3D disc version was released in international markets but not in the United States. The disc is Zone B locked.
My 3D disc has 2017 copyright. The packaging states regions A, B and C, and runs fine on my unmodified region A blu-ray 3D players. I believe it was prepared primarily for the Czech and Hungarian markets as it has soundtracks for Czech, Hungarian and English 7.1. The outer sleeve is in English, but the paper inside the blu-ray case is in Czech. I purchased it some years ago, and it was quite expensive, around $70.00. It also includes a 2D copy, both with extensive bonus features. So a region A release from the International market does exist. I'm pleased to have it.

VisionMan

Grip
Real Name
David
The Vision Pro is the only way I have to watch 3D content, thanks tv manufacturers. Yes I agree it can’t match my Audio system but it is still very good and topped my expectations.
Good to hear. I'll have to get a demo at the Apple Store. But I am bummed that the 3D video capture that the iPhone 15 Pro can do apparently can only be seen on the Vision Pro, as the HDMI output via the USB C jack on the phone does not put out any HDMI compatible 3D. Its 2D video HDMI output is excellent.

VisionMan

Grip
Real Name
David
A quick check on eBay shows many copies of the UK Terminator 2 3D release, as shown in Jayembee's picture above, but they are all region B locked. I saw a few from the Japanese market, which are claimed to be region A, but I can't vouch for it. I did not see any copies of the region A version that I have.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm not gonna get into the weeds of what's going on in this thread other than to say...

I'm holding onto this deluxe DVD version of Titanic, which serves us just fine, all these years later:
View attachment 216444
View attachment 216445

View attachment 216446
View attachment 216447

View attachment 216448
I own this too. Will never part with it. However it looks pretty bad upscaled to 4K. The Blu ray special edition which has all the same extras is much better in my opinion.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm good with the 3D version. No desire to rewatch in 2D. Too many movies, too little time.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I own this too. Will never part with it. However it looks pretty bad upscaled to 4K. The Blu ray special edition which has all the same extras is much better in my opinion.
I'll have to revisit it at some point; I don't remember it looking bad upscaled, but I do recall the sound being a bit weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks