What's new

Atmos speakers smaller than front and surround speakers. It will be good? (1 Viewer)

Erasmo_BR

Auditioning
Real Name
Erasmo Manoel de Oli
Hello cinephiles and audiophiles! Everything very well?

I have an RX-V6A running 5.1 with Infinity Primus P153 speakers (front and surround) and P251 center. I have the opportunity to run 5.1.2, however, by adding a pair of Infinity Primus 143 speakers, which are smaller than the P153.

Does it pay off? Or will they be “overshadowed”, because they are smaller, using the P143 as atmos speakers, as shown in the image in this post?

Both the P153 and P143 are 10-100W at 8Ω, however, the P153 plays between 58-20,000 Hz (±3dB), with a 5-1/4" speaker, while the P143 plays between 100-20,000 Hz (±3dB), with 4" speaker.

Remembering that I will use a 100hz cut on the RX-V6A for the subwoofer, freeing the other speakers from playing sub bass!

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Pict Height SP Layout X2200_ZHOBILzhloogcq.jpg
    Pict Height SP Layout X2200_ZHOBILzhloogcq.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 31

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's not a problem. Atmos channels in particular have a very limited frequency range. We all have to cope with compromises, but the main drawback to your proposed setup is the location of the Atmos speakers. They really are intended to be overhead, not just elevated on the front wall. For best results, they should be in or on the ceiling a little in front of the viewing position.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks