What's new

This has to be a joke, justin to kelly moved back a week , will open day hulk will ! (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever still has no positive reviews. 99 out of 99 are negative. I believe that's the most reviews any 0% movie has.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
OK, I have to ask, who the hell are Justin and Kelly?

I gather they are reality TV contestants/winners? I am sorry, I don't watch much TV, and certainly not reality TV.

Please enlighten me as to the origin of what seems to be one hell of a train wreck.

--
Holadem

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Kelly and Justin are (respectively) the winner and first runner-up of a reality show called "American Idol". Aspiring singers would perform week after week, until a winner is voted by the audience. The winners get a record deal, and basically agree to become the next manufactured, insipid, soulless pop stars. Kelly and Justin's little movie is part of the show's creator's attempt to capitalize on their 15 minutes of fame before they're rendered obsolete by the current winners, Ruben and Clay.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Reuben and Clay are much more entertaining. I might go see a movie about them. I'm not seeing this crap, though.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Even Joanie and Chachi would be more entertaining than Justin and Kelly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

If you listen to any pop radio, it's the same Kelly (Clarkson) who sings "Miss Independent."

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Even those of us who attempted to ignore the whole thing managed to know who Justin and Kelly are. What's your secret Holadem? I must have it for the next wave of reality TV :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys.

Jeff, join Netflix, you will always have a movie to watch in the evening, who needs TV? :D

I know what American Idol is, enough to know Simon, the uber-arsehole. I did follow Joe Millionaire earlier in the year (the concept was just too evil :b) but that's it.

All right, fess up, who watched this little gem of a movie? :)

--
Holadem

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I swear to God, I had a nightmare last night that I was not only watching this movie, but was actually in it... I can't remember much, except that I felt embarrassed the whole time.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I need TV :) I have my shows consarn it :)

Its true, that even during sweeps there is nothing to watch on Monday, Thursday (WWF has been bad, and amazing race will be off again soon enough) Friday, or Saturday. But I live for my Sunday/Tues/Wed :)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it, but I am having fun reading all the scathing reviews. :)

...turns out to be industrial-strength insipidity diluted only marginally by bad music and worse dancing.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Not to be a ballbuster but would any of you J&K bashers turn down the opportunity to make a movie, given the chance?
They're young kids living their dream, get over it, they'll be out of the spotlight soon enough anyway.

BTW, I don't intend to watch this movie because from what little I've seen regarding trailers, it does suck, but blame the writers for that. It's also ridiculous to think that you can go from a nobody to AI winner and runner-up to hollywood movie star almost overnight, again, blame the Fox brigade for that one, they probably thought they could cash in bigtime given the popularity of the first AI. I guess they were wrong. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
LOL that Hollywood.com review was priceless. Infact it gave me my new quote for my sig. Thank you J2K script writer!

3 minutes and counting....

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
See, I don't blame Justin and Kelly. They're in their 15 mintues and taking advantage, and you're right, who WOULD turn down the chance to be in a movie (the first time)

However I DO blame America for making the stupid show popular. It was fun watching them rip into the bad singers, and that's where the show should have ended. Once they started singing live it was mediocre karaoke night.

Their 15min is almost up, especially Justin's, and luckily Clay and Ruben are going to be even worse actors than J&K. Therefore we're unlikely to see a repeat

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
The stats for week 2 - 15th place with a weekend gross of $600,000, down 77.9%, a per-screen average of $304 for a grand total of $4.5 million.

As Nelson Muntz would say, "HA HA!" :laugh:

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Any idea how much the film cost to make? I'm sure it was cheap as hell, but if we're lucky enough, the film could end up losing money...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks