What's new

This has to be a joke, justin to kelly moved back a week , will open day hulk will ! (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I like how Kelly repeats the canard that critics are ivory-tower eggheads who think any movie the common man likes is beneath them. While this may be the case with a couple people, when you look through the sub 10% on the tomatometer, none of them are movies the general populace liked, either.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I like how Kelly repeats the canard that critics are ivory-tower eggheads who think any movie the common man likes is beneath them. While this may be the case with a couple people, when you look through the sub 10% on the tomatometer, none of them are movies the general populace liked, either.
She was doing this exact same thing on the Daily show, all the while Jon was ripping on the flick- at the same time she was defending her stardom. It was really funny and confusing. As a Rupert Murdock imposed, make believe "pop idol" it was nice to see Jon rip her a new one.

Don

Second Unit
is the Hulk worth Seeing The Compter Image Looks Lousy in my Opinion. Don,

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
If they ever make a live action THE SIMPSONS, we have our Sideshow Bob!!!
You know, someone does call Justin this in the film. Seriously.

It is what it is. The intended audience is definitely the grade school set, maybe junior high age kids at the oldest. The film is about as asexual as possible. (They even cut to a wide shot when Justin and Kelly finally kiss. Oops, I didn't spoil anything, did I? ;) )

It wasn't reviewed for critcs, but since I will be reviewing it, a local theater did let me see it opening day. The auditorium was dominated by the above age groups, with parents in tow.

Is it bad? Of course. The songs are instantly forgettable, the performances are poor, and the story is practically nonexistent. (Consider this...there are separate subplots for each of Justin's two friends and each of Kelly's two friends, but the film barely slips by the 70-75 minute mark, less credits.) They slapped this together as quickly as they could, but I bet they make their money back plus some on it.

I can't get worked up about this. There's an audience for it (which isn't me). It isn't as aggressively bad as a fair share of other films I've seen. And it does have a certain camp factor to it. After all, the idea that Justin is supposed to be a "player" is inherently hysterical.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Hmm...the camp factor...Justin a player? Sounds like an amateur MST3K night coming up in a few months on DVD for me! :D

-Dennis

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
J2K made a measly 1.2M on Friday, and will barely make 3M for the weekend.

I take back my prediction of 100M total :b

You know a movie stinks when Dumb and Dumberer is predicted to make more (though not much more)

Chris

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You know a movie stinks when Dumb and Dumberer is predicted to make more
As I mentioned before, it opened in ONE of the 30 theaters at one of the local multiplexes. I've never seen a movie open in so few theaters before, most independent and foreign films and the like aside.

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps the studio opened it against THE HULK because they knew it would be a huge failure and this way they could blame it on the competition, instead of the wretched quality of the film itself.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ok, i went to see it right after hulk. The cheeseball factor is through the roof on this movie, it is one of those so very bad movies that its good. This movie makes grease2 look like an oscar caliber film. Heck, it even makes mariah careys glitter look good, something i never thought would be possible. The main reason to go to this is to marvel at how bad the singing is in this film and the choreography, as for the acting, dont even go there. If i can find this turd of a movie cheap when it gets released im adding it to my collection.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Besides no critics screenings you really had to know this film was in trouble when they didn't release a SOUNDTRACK album. I mean isn't a musical starring winners of a reality show looking for star singers sitting in the prime spot to try to cross market with an album.

But no, they didn't want to hurt the sales of his solo album debut...right. :rolleyes

Meanwhile 2 guys who ARE talented, Rubuen and Clay are killing in singles sales themselves (came out at #1 and #2 on Billboard). To me that is one of the biggest reason the AI1 stars are seeing their 15 minutes evaporate. AI had better winners this year and I think better ratings. You don't need to watch Network to know that means Kelly and Justin are screwed as yesterday's news.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Tony, that's one of the best written posts I've seen this year... (still laughing)
:D

This film might inadvertantly reach cult status.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It opened at Number 11.
There is a god.

Ebert and Roeper reviewed the trailer last night since they werent able to see the movie and that wasnt even good.

paul_v

Second Unit
Heh it has a 13% rating a rottentomatoes.com. 32 out of 37 critics agreed that it's crap lol

The sad thing is that it got 5 positive reviews :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Then it's doing better than "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever." What that was released, it had no positive reviews at RT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks