This has to be a joke, justin to kelly moved back a week , will open day hulk will !

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Xenia Stathakopoulou, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

I think 20th century fox has lost their mind, june 13 was the perfect date with only the dumb and dumber sequel, and the new harrison ford flick. But what do they do, move it oppisite of possibly the biggest blockbuster movie of the summer, not to mention alex and emma!Expect this not to even make 15 million in its opening week.

2. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    Oh, how to decide? How to decide!? OK, I'll flip a coin, heads I go to "The Hulk", tails I go to anything other than "Justin and Kelly". Flip...

Edit : Sorry I thread farted, but I couldn't resist. Who is actually going to go see this movie? My wife and I watched this year's "American Idol", but there is no way in holy hell I'd go see a "Reuben & Clay" movie. OK, well maybe if they were superheroes who went around beating the crap out of the talent challenged posers that try out in the early stages. Maybe a movie where Clay is a mild-mannered Broadway star who turns into Reuben when he is forced to hit a bad note. "Don't make me sing off-key. You wouldn't like me when I'm off key..."

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Hulk Smash!

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Could be smart counter-programming. Most of the audience for Hulk will be male; FJTK is definitely more female-leaning.

If it came out against HH, it would have to fight for that female audience who might want to see Harrison and Hartnett.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I read that the folks behind the film pulled any advance press screening for this film, so it doesn't bode well on that front.

6. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

7. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Guys, i was just joking. But it still is ridiculous to put in in competition with the hulk, because its going to bomb worse than before.[​IMG]

8. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

[​IMG]

Dude, I don't think it would help if the movie was opening on its own and nothing new for a couple of weeks.

Somehow I doubt this movie will make much money.

9. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Don't think it will really affect the film's box office take at all - the audience for The Hulk and this "film" will be very different. Unfortunately, some people don't realize that reality TV will never translate to movies: people enjoy these kinds of shows because it comes in installments, they can watch it in groups and talk about the next day at work, school etc. Film as a medium will never work for it. Hopefully this bomb will prove it once and for all (I would in no way include Jackass in this category, as that's more of a comedy special).

10. John^Lal

John^Lal Stunt Coordinator

good, then it will definately be a *cough* in our movie theater's lineups

11. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

And Hollywood Homicide.

14. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I saw the poster for this movie(if you want to call it that) the other day and I almost threw up my breakfast.
    Whyyy? Ohhh Why was this made.

I sure hope Justin and Kellys 15 minutes are almost up.

I hope this movie does as good as The Real Cancun, another Reality show knockoff.

I hope this is out of the theatre in a couple of weeks.

15. Brian W.

Brian W. Screenwriter

Brian
    I've actually seen about the first half of it, and it's not as bad as I expected. It's got a certain Frankie and Annette beach musical charm to it. I mean, that's what it is -- it's not a reality movie at all, it's a scripted, comedic, Frankie-and-Annette-style musical, probably the first Hollywood musical with a substantially original song score since Grease 2.

If this is true about it opening the same day as Hulk, though, it's going to get trampled.

16. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

17. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

As Tony mentioned in his original post, not only is From Justin To Kelly going up against The Hulk, but also against Alex and Emma, which star two (much) more attractive stars. Seriously, which couple would you rather see, Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly, Kate Hudson and Luke Wilson, or Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini? I realize that the focus of The Hulk is The Hulk [​IMG], but still, anyone who picks Kelly over Kate and Jennifer and/or Justin over Luke (Eric is just okay...[​IMG]) is out of their mind.

18. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Maybe they're looking to bury it because they suspect it will do badly, and by pitting it against "Hulk" they have something to blame when it doesn't do well. If it does well, they're still happy. It's a win-win situation. [​IMG]

19. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Thank God, my birthday is on the 13th and I was afraid I would never live down the fact that this drivel would share the same day. Now maybe this movie will quietly fall into obscurity. [​IMG]

20. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I read somewhere the other day that it has already been anounced for DVD which is pissing theatre bookers off because they dont want to book it and have it on Video in August.