What's new

The **Show off your work** thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I too have made some more projects since the last post:
The top has links to my bass traps, acoustic panels,
15" tempest for car
Dual 15" tempest pyramids for home.
and my pocket amp
Audio Project Page

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Close. B&G RD50s with an Adire DPL12 for the low end, set up in a dipole frame....for now. Soon the DPL12s will be replaced with Peerless CSX 10"ers in a sealed alignment with the 50s on top, also sealed.
Finished speakers??? I'm a charter member of the NSAA (Nekkid Speaker Assoc. of America). ;)
Pete

Scott_Vonhof

Agent
Dean, any thoughts of covering the top, so nothing gets dropped in? Looks like one of those recycle bins, so only cans and bottles can be dropped in!

I could never get away with something that big in my house, my wife would skin me alive! Is that thing about 6 feet tall?

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Once my kid is old enough to start throwing things I'll be installing a screen on the top. :)
Yes it stands close to 6 feet tall, and yes my wife hates the thing with a passion...but that’s my room, she has the rest of the house to worry about.
Dean

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, like a proud father, I am posting links of my new Adire Audio 214L Tempest DIY Subwoofer....This thing is awesome!!!

Also, complete pics of my entire basement HT construction process with complete 2 rows of leather seating, LCD proj. 106" screen, all Klipsch speakers, Tempest sub and Parasound AMP, movie posters and more.....

Tommy T

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got around to putting some pics of my DIY rack on my web page. I looked at a lot of Flexi's but decided against it. I really like the way this one turned out and it matches the Shiva for great SAF!
Go here to take a look at it.
It was relatively simple to do and only took two nights.
Tommy

Tommy T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron!
I had a feeling someone might say that when a guy a work asked, "Hey, is that your rack?" and we both started laughing!

Scott_Vonhof

Agent
Bobbi D, you say you made them, it took 6 months, all your own design, but your pics don't give any hint as to what they look like, what is in them, how they were built....

Bobbi D

Agent
Fronts: Two way with integral sub. Drivers: Vifa D27TG-05-06 and Vifa P17SJ-00-06. Crossovers: 3rd order Butterworth crossing at 2,500Hz with all components from North Creek. Cabinets are vented, constructed of two layers of 3/4" MDF with crossbracing. Dimensions are approx 45"Tx10"Wx24"D. Integral Sub in each is a 12" Shiva Mk III in 3 cu.ft sealed compartment with the subs side firing.
Center: Three way. Drivers Tweeter: Morel MDT 39; Mid-range: Morel MW-113; and woofer: two each Vifa P17SJ-00-06. Crossovers: 1st order Butterworth, again using North Creek components. Crossover points at 500 HZ and 4,000 Hz. All drivers are in individual sealed chambers, constructed of single layer of 3/4" MDF. Dimensions are approx 9"Tx24"Wx18"D.
Rears: Two way - vented. Vifa D27TG-05-06 and Peerless CSX-6.5" (850122). Crossovers: 3rd order Butterworth crossing at 2,500Hz with all components from North Creek. Constructed of single layer of 3/4" MDF. Dimensions are approx 7"Tx10"Wx18"D. The crossovers are mounted in the vertical portion of the stands.
Finish on all cabinets: Rosewood non-backed veneer with mutilple coats of hand-rubbed red mohogany wax from Briwax.
Hope that's enough detail for now. :D

Troy_j

Agent
Bobbi d,

JVC-D Direct view: The best damn direct-non line doubled set I've seen. But then again I own one too...Great job on all the DIY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks