What's new

The **Show off your work** thread (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hey Ches good to hear things are good. I'll let you know next time we have one of our Austin meets and you could come down for the weekend and meet some of these MDF dust junkies, like Hank. I got the chance to meet Brian Bunge at this weekends meet, he's a real down to earth guy even though he is the heir to the "Bunge Cord Inventors" fortune.:) I'll keep you posted.
Greg

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
That'd be really cool, Greg. Can't wait to talk about HT with you at reunion. I'm getting ready to start building mom and dad one for their new house when it is thru being built. See you then.

Charles, those stands and speakers are very sweet. Are they one ways? I didn't see a tweeter, but they seem like too big of drivers to be ful range.

Keep the pics coming.

Later

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,
Pretty damn funny! :) Actually, if you add an extra 'e' on the end then you'd be right! I felt I should have gotten some sort of prize for the person who traveled the farthest to attend the meet! :frowning: I really did enjoy meeting all you guys. After this weekend I kinda wish we lived in Austin!
Brian

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
My adire alignment sub is a trapezoid enclosure that was designed by me to have no standing waves.
Too bad the tempest subwoofer frequencies don't produce standing waves. lol
Anyways Frustum Pyramid.
Anyways it has solid maple legs, and maple laminate with maple edge tape on the bottom. Lock mitred, with no viewable screws or nails, countersunk screw brace.
I made twins, and tried to sell one COMPLETED for $150 but couldn't find a buyer so I went ahead and am going dual tempests. :)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
That's incredible. $150 for that enclosure and you couldn't find someone to buy it. All they would have to do is buy the driver, drop it in and buy an amp?

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
I'm a newbie. This is my first post on hometheaterforum. I just found this place a few weeks ago from a link on harmonicdiscord.
I just got through with my first attempt at enclosure building, the GR AV-1s. It was also my first attempt at veneering. I can't wait to hear how they sound!
Link Removed
Take care,
rf

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
May as well add my sonosub to the mix. Its not complete yet cos I don't have the cloth sock to cover the ugly paint job on my tube, but what matters is it sup and running, it sounds good and I am happy with my first DIY project.
Thanks
Robin

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Rich,
Absolutely great link of how things should be done. Your shop almost looks like mine. Oh ya, great signature, couldn't agree with you more. I hate when people do that :angry:

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Brian,
Your shop almost looks like mine...hehe...:D
As soon as I get my new digital camera I'll post some pics of my speakers. I just got into speaker building so I don't have much. I will also have a link to some furniture I've done.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I just returned from a business trip. THANKS for the very nice compliment. Some day I'll get good pictures posted. I need to ditch Geocities. Right after my first post on this thread I received an e-mail from Geocities stating the my site was turned off because there were TOO MANY VIEWS the last few days!!! So, they wanted to sell me more space. When I get time, I'll go to a good host with plenty of space and learn how to post hi-res photos like Brian and project photo fanatic Patrick Sun.
Ches, it looks like it's up again:
http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks