What's new

The **Show off your work** thread (1 Viewer)

Scott_Vonhof

Agent
BobbiD, any particular reason you dind't go with matched drivers all around on your speakers? They will not be timbre matched since you have different drivers.

Bobbi D

Agent
Thanks Troy. :)
Scott, I started with the rears. I wanted to do the smaller ones first, as this was my first attempt at building anything as complex as this. So, the Peerless drivers seemed like a really good match for the Vifa soft domes. When I started designing the fronts and the center, I discovered I couldn't get the Peerless in a shielded driver and the only shielded peerless that was close didn't have a round mounting and I wasn't up for that at the time....bummer. So, researching through a bunch of drivers, it seemed that the construction of the P17's would allow similar voicing, and since they are front stage vs rear stage, I thought it might work out. That seems to be the case, voicing is not far enough off to be a big concern. I may eventually revise the rears by swapping out the peerless for Vifa's. But for now I'm just enjoying them. :)
As for the Center, after a lot of research on the effects of lobing on horizontal MTM's, I decided to do a WMTW design. The compact design of the Morel's lend themselves for very close spacing, so no worries about lobing at the crossover frequencies. Actually, I think the center turned out the best sounding of the three types. It's a bit large, but maybe someday I'll get the desire to do this again and build new fronts to match the center. Still with soft dome tweets all around, the biggest difference is that the Morel is just a tad smoother than the Vifa, IMHO.

Scott,

I noticed that you had some tiny Adire emblems on the grills of your 281's. How did you manage to score those?
I'm starting my 281's in the next week or so.

Scott_Vonhof

Agent
Scott,
I noticed that you had some tiny Adire emblems on the grills of your 281's. How did you manage to score those?
I'm starting my 281's in the next week or so.
Are you talking to me? I don't have any emblems, since mine are not from any design except what I came up with. Maybe you meant somebody else?

Sorry Scott. I spent so much time on your page looking at your theater project, your name stuck. Very nice job, by the way. Actually, I meant to direct it to Rich Kraus.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Brian - Heheh... actually Kaneda doesn't live there any more, he almost drove/bounced right off during Titan AE!

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Dual Sealed AV-12 and the old 214L Tempest can be found here:
- the AV-12s are in a temporary box...i am unable to get to any nice tools while at school. They soon will look like ACI Titans in Rosewood and Piano ala Onix Rockets .
just follow the HT and Cars Link
www.rose-hulman.edu/~walterjj
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks