What's new

The **Show off your work** thread (1 Viewer)

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite thing to do on the net is to lok through pictures of do-it-yourself speakers. The only problem is I cannot find most of them. So I wanted to start a thread for people to show off all of their DIY work. Just post a link or a picture (please don't make it too huge) of your work so we can al enjoy looking at some awesome DIY stuff.
I dont have pictures of my stuff yet, but will post it ASAP.
Thanks.
Later

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Here's what's currently on the website.
Link Removed
I've also got quite a few pictures of a pair of ACI Emeralds that I built LE style (before the LE's were even available!) along with my dual SV12 subwoofers that were built in similar fashion. As one person mentioned, they're quite "groovy"! :) I guess I should post them on the site at some point.
Brian

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Greg. I wondered if you still came to HTF. Tech's great. Has your dad got a new home theater in his new house yet? If so, what's he got? See you at reunion.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Having seen Hank's rosewood towers "live and in person" on Saturday, I can assure you that the pics on his site DO NOT do them justice! These are absolutely the nicest speaker enclosures I think I've ever seen! If I didn't know better I'd swear on my life that those were from a high end speaker manufacturer. Cosmetically I feel they could easily pass for a $2-$3K pair of speakers. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to listen to them so I don't know if they would stand up to that price comparison sonically or not. :)
Brian

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Click on the Green Room link in my sig.
D.I.Y. Sonotube Sub
D.I.Y. Flexy TV/Component rack
D.I.Y. surround wall mounts
Peace Out~:D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

Do you plan on deviating from sub building at some point and build some monitor or tower style speakers? If so, is there anything in particular you're looking at?

Brian

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Jack, your sub is very awesome. I love the gloss black. You definately can hold your own in this thread.

Frank,
You apge was unavailable when I tried to look at it.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Ches.
Do you plan on deviating from sub building at some point and build some monitor or tower style speakers? If so, is there anything in particular you're looking at?
Yeah, when I build the perfect sub. ;) Actually, I do have two projects in mind for that imaginary future when I again have time for such things. One would be a dipole tower using the four Adire DPL-12 woofers I purchased for such a purpose mated with the BG ribbons that PE carries (don't know how feasible that is). I was spoiled by the experience of owning MMG's, so I haven't much interest in direct-radiating projects. Although Jon Marsh's design, which we discuss in
this HTGuide.com thread, really looks like a winner and is something I'd take a shot at.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

What a coincidence! I might be working on something similar! Any particular BG ribbon you have in mind?

Brian

P.S. I guess we should take this off-line huh? Feel free to email or PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks