What's new

The Right SVS Sub for Me? (1 Viewer)

MikeNg

Second Unit
Ah, that was it. I had forgotten the reason why I opted not to get the Samson. It was the resistance load incompatibility thing.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Here's a general question about calibration for after I buy the sub. What instruments/methods should I use to measure the bass response. I read a lot about flat curves, etc and I understand the meaning, but I'm not entirely sure how to measure it. SPL meter? Any good sub calibration websites out there?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, I have another question. I was fooling around last night going through the ordering process to see how much shipping would be, and if sales tax would be charged. Next thing I know, I'm at the "Thank you for your order" page. The thing is, there was an error at the top of the page, so I'm not sure if the order went through. Does anyone know how long it takes for SVS to mail order confirmations? I still haven't received one.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Just email or call SVS. Tom or Ron should be around and can tell you if the order went through. SVS customer service is amazing. I emailed them on a Saturday afternoon (expecting a reply the next week) and I got a reply in a few hours.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Matt,

Just drop us an e-mail if you don't want this order. We don't make it on to the forums as much as we'd like.

I'm not seeing an order on this end but that error message might indicate it just got stuck prior to the e-mail confirmation generation (which unfortunately happens from time to time, but should have been sent immediately).

In any case I'll intercept it. We only charge sales tax for Ohio and Michigan due to "nexus" in both locations based on our business organization.

We can also help with shipping charges if you need any other assistance there.

Ron Stimpson
[email protected]

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
SVS are easy to upgrade. I bought one (20-39) and loved it. However I have a really bad room configuration so I bought another one and put it in the back of the room and tuned it down to 16hz. So yeah they are upgradable. Good luck.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Damn, you guys are quick :D

Eric just gave me a call to confirm things, and I decided to go through with it. What the hell, better sooner than later, right?

In any even, I'm going to be doing some sweet demo action come Friday! Boo Yah!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks