What's new

Oh MY! (1 Viewer)

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
I just thought I would put a post up about a recent transition. I purchased a 525-watt SVS 20-39PC Plus in January of 2003 and since that time it has been a great sub. A recent plan to remodel our living room yielded a request to downsize the sub and since I have been out of the loop for 16 years I was thrilled to learn the dimensions and performance of the new SVS sealed subs. It just so happened that the SB3000 would fit nicely under the table where the old 20-39 sat behind. By moving the 20-39 out, I was able to move the couch and table down enough to squeeze a second SB3000 on the other end.

"Do you really need 2?" She asked. What I hoped for would be infinitely more headroom going to dual subs with 275 more watts per sub. I hoped I would gain more punch and that I would never bottom out the subs as I have done on numerous occasions with the 20-39.
Well, these little boxes showed up Saturday and oh my. It took me a bit to dial them in, and it is a work in progress, but between Lord of the Rings, U571, Aquaman, and Finding Nemo, these subs have caused me to experience feelings I never have before. In one scene, I literally felt like I was punched in the chest.

With Music, it is easy to have entirely too much boom and I am tweaking the volume, but, good grief these subs get it done in every way. With my Rotal RSP-1066, when I set my mains to large, I have to set my subs to max in order for them to work in 2-channel. Max does not increase the volume of the sub output, max is the setting to use the subs in 2-channel when the mains are set to large. Since I have Klipsch RF-7's that perform amazingly in low frequencies, I wanted to set them to large. I currently have the crossover for the speakers set at 60hz with the subs at 80. I have never had to be concerned with damage to my wife's pottery in the kitchen that she has on a rack, but I have actually had to turn the volume down or lose some pottery which would mean losing my head.

At the end of the day, I am still experimenting with settings, but, I can say this, tweaking these with the app is so much easier than it would be otherwise. The app alone on these subs really helps justify the price as adjusting from the MLP on the fly and the response is quick enough to notice it almost immediately.

If you are able to get the 3000 over the 1 or 2's, the app feature is amazing and easy to use. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to brag on the quality of SVS and the benefits of dual subs. I guess I am geeked up and feeling like a noob again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great post, Rodney!

I'm just a guy with a little HT in my living room (with a dinky little SVS PB-1000).

Your post is a great reminder of the fun of the hobby...especially when we get something new and have new experiences! And I'm doubting the boxes were all that little when they arrived! :laugh:

Congrats! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks