What's new

"The OA" - Netflix Original (2016) (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Knowing it it canceled and season 2 is, IYHO, not very good, would you recommend someone to watch only season 1?

For what it's worth, I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1 (and I loved season 1). In particular, I found a few of the ideas/concepts explored in season 2 to be truly astonishing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
For what it's worth, I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1 (and I loved season 1). In particular, I found a few of the ideas/concepts explored in season 2 to be truly astonishing.
Though I didn’t connect with many of the story specifics in S2, I was all-in on the madness of Old Night. That was just so bonkers, I had to love it!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Though I didn’t connect with many of the story specifics in S2, I was all-in on the madness of Old Night. That was just so bonkers, I had to love it!

I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on TV in the last decade or so, but for my money nothing tops how astonished I was as that scene unfurled.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
“I don’t believe the feminine is sublime and the masculine is horrifying. I believe both are valuable, essential, powerful. But we have maligned one, venerated the other, and fallen into exaggerated performances of both that cause harm to all. How do we restore balance? Or how do we evolve beyond the limitations that binaries like feminine/masculine present in the first place?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/opinion/sunday/brit-marling-women-movies.html

An essay by Brit Marling, co-creator and lead in The O. A. It has some spoilers, but isn’t really about this show. The article is social and political. I post as it gives some insight into the motivations behind The OA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks