What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Mod Squad (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have order the complete set as i have always wanted to see this show. I was too young when the show first aired.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
My Season 3 sets arrived today (I ordered from Amazon.ca). The cover art is not the same as shown on Amazon; IMO it isn't as nice as what was advertised and it is low-res compared to the first two seasons CBS put out. They do come with cardboard slipcovers though and both the CBS and VEI logos are on the spine.

The good news is the episodes have the original bumper at the beginning that reads "THE MOD SQUAD: IN COLOR!". The bad news is there is a disclaimer stating the episodes came from the best possible masters. Ok, to be honest they are NOT as pristine and crisp and bright as the first two seasons; on the other hand they look MUCH better than the old prints that ran on WWOR in the '90s. I don't get ME-TV but I assume these are the same prints used when they ran the show. The colors are still bright and the picture looks clean, but there are some dirt and specks that show up as well. It's not a deal-breaker for me and I am SO glad VEI was able to license this show--just wanted to give a heads-up to those who are on the fence or who are curious.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
I'm watching season 3 now and while there are minor specks and scratches and maybe not as nice as the first two season sets, it looks far better than it ever did on TV and I am quite happy with it...especially for the price I paid.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Rob Mac said:
I'm watching season 3 now and while there are minor specks and scratches and maybe not as nice as the first two season sets, it looks far better than it ever did on TV and I am quite happy with it...especially for the price I paid.
Yes Rob, for $13.99 each volume, this was a steal IMO.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Why should the Mod Squad Seasons 3,4 and 5 be sold in half seasons sets if not remastered?

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
I'd guess that it was cheaper to make two 4 disc sets with readily available plastic cases than to have an 8 disc case made up for each full season.

I am 3/4 of the way through season 3 and so far...still happy with it.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Rob Mac said:
Season 5 part 1 and 2 releases have been pushed back to February 2014. Box set buyers get to watch it early...damnit.
Maybe they weren't getting as many orders for the Complete Series as hoped because everyone was ordering the 1/2 seasons instead and that prompted them to postpone S5. Oh well, I can wait.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
They did the same thing with Diagnosis Murder seasons 7 and 8. I think it's just a VEI thing. It happened with McMillan and Wife too. Their production and distribution capabilities sometimes fall short of their anticipated schedules. It wouldn't surprise me if the complete series sets ultimately change dates also.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
VEI doesn't seem to have the resources that the bigger companies have. But what they lack in clout they more than make up for in heart. They will make good on their commitment, and we will be the better for it. CBS appeared to have no plans for Mod Squad or Diagnosis Murder, so I'm glad to wait for VEI. And I'm already happily enjoying season 4 of DM and season 3 of Mod Squad.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
All systems are still go for S3 and 4 under the tree this XMAS. But if S5 is pushed back until Feb. 2014...I have an important decision to make, as S5 is the one with the XMAS episode on it I was hoping to view this year. We'll see... :blush:

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Has anyone else had an issue with pre-orders for season 4? I have my order placed, the release date is October 1, but for some reason Amazon can't give an estimated delivery date. I know the season 5 release date has changed. Is is possible that at the last minute, the release date for season 4 has changed as well and VEI just hasn't let the retailers know? I know from past experience with VEI, they tend to give release dates and then back peddle on them. They did the same thing with McMillan and Wife more than once. I just tend to get a little impatient with VEI when they pull this kind of stunt.

Real Name
Joe
Brian Himes said:
Has anyone else had an issue with pre-orders for season 4? I have my order placed, the release date is October 1, but for some reason Amazon can't give an estimated delivery date. I know the season 5 release date has changed. Is is possible that at the last minute, the release date for season 4 has changed as well and VEI just hasn't let the retailers know? I know from past experience with VEI, they tend to give release dates and then back peddle on them. They did the same thing with McMillan and Wife more than once. I just tend to get a little impatient with VEI when they pull this kind of stunt.
It's a bit weird. When you click on the product it still has a release date of October 1. However, on my order it has the disclaimer:

DELIVERY ESTIMATE[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;] We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.[/color]

So we'll see. They gave me an estimated delivery date of Season 3 for last Thursday, but I got it two days earlier.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, looks like VEI bit off more than they could chew. Again! Now the Amazon listing is updated and says that it 'usually ships in 1-3 weeks'. Same thing that happened with season 6 of McMillan and Wife. Everytime VEI tries to release two seasons of the same show only a couple of weeks apart they just can't meet the demand. So, now everyone has to wait at least two weeks before their orders will ship. I really hate it when they do this. I thought they had learned their lesson with McMillan and Wife but I guess not.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
My pre-order delivery changed from September 30th to approx October 4th to 10th

Website updated release to - This title will be released on October 4, 2013.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I will get Seasons 3,4 and 5 to complete the series down the road.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
I just ordered Season 3 for $14.73 each from Importcds.com. I can wait for the rest, plus I want to see how bad the dip in picture quality is that some folks have been pointing out before I buy the last 2 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks