What's new

R.I.P. - Clarence Williams III (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
One of the all-time greats from his early days as Linc on Mod Squad to later roles such as the father of Prince in Purple Rain, Clarence Williams III has passed away at age 81. This one really hurts.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I watched Mod Squad first run as a 12 to 17 year old, but only discovered how good it could really be when I watched my complete series DVD in the last few years...the best of the episodes were truly affecting drama, and Clarence Williams III was a huge, integral part of that. And beyond to an accomplished career. Great actor who will live in our memories...I took these screen caps from season 3 and 4 episodes...
Mod Squad 1.JPG

Mod Squad 74.JPG

Mod Squad 32.JPG

Mod Squad 41.JPG

Mod Squad 24.JPG

Mod Squad 3.JPG

Solid...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the all-time greats from his early days as Linc on Mod Squad to later roles such as the father of Prince in Purple Rain, Clarence Williams III has passed away at age 81. This one really hurts.

May he R.I.P. I just watched "Pork Chop Hill" the other day and noticed him as his platoon's runner in an uncredited part. Also, I just bought "Purple Rain" iTunes HD digital over the weekend hoping it might get a 4K release one day. Mod Squad was a favorite TV show in my household growing up.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just watched an S1 episode of The Mod Squad (co-starring his former wife, Gloria Foster) on DVD tonight to commemorate his passing. He was great as Linc Hayes, and with a memorable career beyond. A unique screen presence...and as Tino said, effortlessly cool. R.I.P.

Scott Voth

Stunt Coordinator
He was also in Miami Vice as a Voodoo Priest. He had one of those recognizable faces that you noticed in whatever he was in.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I am about to turn in for the evening, watching some episodes in his memory. I enjoyed watching as a child…still do now that I am older.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks