What's new

The Mod Squad (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Well, at this point it appears to be a virtual lock. The latest news story posted about the Equalizer leads us to VEI link which clearly states that The Mod Squad (and Diagnosis Murder) are coming. Now we all know that things change and fall through from time to time, but this is great news. The larger implication here is that it shows more of a willingness on CBS's part to license their stuff. Maybe this is the beginning of something good and shows like The Beverly Hillbillies or Bilko will follow. I hope so

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Odd that that the pre-order prices for Season 3 sets are $22.49 each and Season 4 are $19.79 each.I am glad these are coming out in separate seasons and those of us who bought the first two seasons can pass on the complete series set. If there are any new extras they might be on the Season 5 sets.Deepdiscount.com is listing the Season 3 sets as $19.14 each with free postage. $38.28 totalImportcds.com has the Season 3 sets, listed but not able to order yet. $14.39 each. $28.78, plus $6.48 estimated postage: $35.26With VEI using split season boxes and box art matching the previous CBS releases it looks like VEI got the CBS Mod Squad box art that was probably prepared earlier for future releases that were cancelled.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
It's great to see movement on Diagnosis Murder and Mod Squad. Even though VEI is small they do a really nice job with what they do release. They seem to have a genuine commitment to classic tv releases. I hope these fall releases of DM and Mod Squad mean a) they will soon be able to begin work on The Equalizer; and b) they might license some other stalled shows from CBS. Perhaps Barnaby Jones?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
JoeDoakes said:
I sure would like to see McCloud.
That would be another good choice. Since VEI already brought out McMillan and The Snoop Sisters McCloud (and Hec Ramsey while we're at it) would be great to have also.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I have been waiting quite some time for this series to continue. This is good news. :)

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Fantastic news! I posted a message on IMDB Message Boards so more folks will know about this. I think I'll get all 4 half season sets from Importcds.com when they go up for preorder unless somebody comes up with a better price.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Sadly, it looks like CBS hasn't HD remastered these seasons (yet?):

This series has been partially transferred into HD and has the following masters:
Network 4x3 HD (episodes 1 to 52)

So they aren't going to look as sparkling as the first two seasons. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the available versions aren't as grubby-looking as Cannon.

Update: I didn't notice this at first, but the CBS syndication page says:
The information in this package is subject to change and was last updated 02/22/08.

So there's hope...?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I will be picking these up as soon as they are available. I've been waiting a while for season three and beyond. :)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Each half of these two seasons will definitely go right underneath the tree this coming XMAS for me!!!!! I already added them to my gift list for this coming holiday season!!!!! :lol:

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
hypnohighball said:
Looks like VCI will be releasing the entire series in a set in Canada this fall on Nov 12th. Price is $127.29 CDN :

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mod-Squad-Complete-Collection/18914

Here's the preorder link at Amazon.ca :

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ESFUED6/tvshowsondvdc-20
...and the as-yet unannounced in the US 5th Season (part 1 + 2) is also up for pre-order:
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Mod-Squad-Season-Volume/dp/B00ESLAIYK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_d_1

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
You bought season 2 part 1 & 2 maybe? Don't worry, seasons 3 part 1 & 2 are coming September 17th, and season 4 in October. Season 5 is slated for November.

Update: I just ordered season 3 (pt 1 & 2) for $13.99 each off Amazon.......Canada.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
You're right, I bought Season 2, Parts 1 and 2. I'm just wondering whether it would've been better to buy the whole series package. I usually buy individual seasons and then they come up with the whole series at a cheaper price.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
At $130 for the full set, it works out to be the same to buy individual sets. I'll be happy finishing up that way...unless the box set has some extra discs...or a bonus Julie Barnes secret police I.D. compact.

3ltj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks