What's new

SYNAPSE BLU RAY OF SUSPIRIA? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I was doing a search to find out when Synapse was going to release their blu ray of SUSPIRIA.... and came across this on the Wal Mart site:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Suspiria...75035&wl11=online&wl12=55377852&wl13=&veh=sem

Can this possibly be a legit release?

It appears that is the Asian release from a couple of years ago. Not sure how Wal-Mart ended up selling that but it is not the Synapse release which is not yet available and I think will only, at first, be sold directly through them in a special edition.

So, I would not purchase that disc from Wal-Mart if you are hoping to get the Synapse later.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Given the excellent quality of what has been produced so far by Synapse of Argento's work, waiting for the Synapse release of Suspiria is definitely the way to go (throwing caution to the wind :) ). I'm in for it asap.

Regards,

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes I'm really looking forward to Synapse Suspiria. Their previous Argentos have looked incredible. I hope the music is mixed correctly like the theatrical, laserdisc and VHS. The Anchor Bay DVD had the music lowered way down in the background and it diminished the power or effect of the movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yes I'm really looking forward to Synapse Suspiria. Their previous Argentos have looked incredible. I hope the music is mixed correctly like the theatrical, laserdisc and VHS. The Anchor Bay DVD had the music lowered way down in the background and it diminished the power or effect of the movie.
From the Don May/Rue Morgue interview linked in post 2:
As for the sound, “Finding the original 4.0 LCRS magnetic audio, to present the film the way it was originally mixed in English, was exciting and unreal. We’re presenting SUSPIRIA for the first time ever on home video with this original discrete 4.0 mix. It’s unbelievable; there’s so much in the mix that you’ve never heard before.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks