What's new

Survivor: Fiji (2 Viewers)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That's exactly what I said to my wife last night: Dreamz looked like Jamie Fox. She said he looked like a younger and thinner Forest Whitaker. :D

Earl looked totally different as well.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

In Touch reports that it'll be season 16. I would be looking forward to it, but it's apparently winner-free and will only be from seasons 9-15. There are too many contestants from the first seven seasons and winners that deserve to be on way before any of the later ones (Johnny Fairplay, Sandra, Tom Westman, Kelly Goldsmith, and Mike Skupin--the last two of whom were cut from the original All Stars line-up two days before they were scheduled to leave).

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
So, does Yau still have to pay taxes on the truck, or does CBS assign that to Dreamz? After taxes are taken out for his overall winnings, he should have enough to pay the taxes on the truck...lol.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I think Yau said it best during the reunion show. Dreamz has moments of brilliance but is too undisciplined to use his brainpower effectively.

Someone mentioned Dreamz and Johnny Fairplay in the same breath. One thing that sets the two of them apart is that everyone knew what Fairplay's game was from the very beginning. He let it be known from the start that he wanted to play the role of the "villain". Dreamz is nothing more than a colossal hypocrite. He sat there saying he was playing the game suggesting that was his strategy all along. What a load of BS. He goes on practically all season about how he was going to play honorably and set a good example for his son because that's what he's all about. And to cap it all off, he actually believed he had a shot at winning after what he did to just about everyone on the jury, let alone giving the biggest screw job to Yau. So he managed to make everyone hate him AND showed the entire country that he's a lying SOB who is all talk and no action. Bravo!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> So, does Yau still have to pay taxes on the truck, or does CBS assign that to Dreamz?

I guess it depends on how they arrange things- did CBS give the truck directly to Nightmarez, or to Yau to give to him? I hope the former.

Anyone still think Yau is the greatest player ever? Giving away a vehicle in a way that helped get him booted off... not the best strategy ever.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

I agree 100% about upcoming China season. This final 3 crap instead of customary 2 is just stupid. Not to mention that they could set themselves up for a 3-3-3 vote split - what would they do then? Have a fire starting competition for a million bucks? Please go back to final 2 Survivor producers.
I don't mind the hidden immunity idol(s) but I sure hope they do away with Exile Island. It's certainly become anti-climatic to go there. I think they will come up with something new for giving clues to any potential hidden idols.
Plus, HD would be nice!! :eek:

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I actually don't think giving Dreamz the truck was that big an error. I think the outcome would have been exactly the same. I hope Yau doesn't get stuck with the taxes on a $60,000 truck. I wonder if giving it to Dreamz qualified as giving to charity.

Question, since I only watched the last five episodes. Could Yau have held two secret immunity idols and played them twice in a row. if so, that may have been his downfall. Had he not given it to Earl and played it himself, then the final three would have been Yau, Earl, and Cassandra because Dreamz would have been out for reneging on the agreement.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I dont think Yau made a big mistake giving the truck to Dreamz.... I mean since the last 11 winners of the truck have never won the game, he probably took a gamble that by giving away the truck he might actually get rid of the curse, so to say. But still, the curse remains...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, I was hoping for a Rupert-like 2nd million going to Yau-man. What a shame. :frowning:

Very glad Earl won. :emoji_thumbsup: Shut-out well deserved!! I think he played the game 100% perfect right up to the very end, voting Yau-man was a necessary evil. Earl's a great guy who will most likely do the right thing with the money. Half to his mom? I hope she isn't the druggie in his family!! :laugh:

Like many here I was disappointed in Dreamz but I've lightened a little. Hear me out. I was trying my best to see it as Yau-man seemed to. He should've thought farther ahead and realised there would be no way for a guy like Dreamz to keep a deal like that. The guy had nothing. And here he is with a very nice truck and a chance to win quite a bit of money on top of it. Sure, Dreamz didn't have the intelligence of Earl or Yau-man so he really thought he would talk his way into a win. Earl voted against his partner Yau-man for similar reasons. Dreamz battled it, you could see it in his eyes, he was tearful with this delimma. It was difficult for him. He's not a dick or a total scumbag. It's a game ultimately. Remember that! But everybody hates him now because he wanted to win the same million as everybody else and he had to piss on the #1 best liked player this season. I feel sorry for Dreamz almost as much as I do for Yau-man. Both worked themselves into corners. Now, Yau-man did surprised me when said it was his mistake and I understand what he means after a bit of thought. My final thoughts on that were I was hoping Dreamz would come out in the reunion and say he was sorry and give Yau-man the truck back. Then he would've matured. A real shame he didn't do that because it should've ended that way. Here's hoping for a totalled truck (but not a totaled DReamz). :D (Andres, I just looked at your comments, we both saw it in similar ways, cool. :) )

Yau-man
is all the better for this game. I really like him and hope to meet him somehow someday. After Rupert he may be my favorite player. An awesome dude! But Dreamz will have problems sleeping at night for a while and most people will trust him about as far as they can pick up his rediculously large truck and throw it.

A thought: Perhaps they should come up with contracts that can be used where if you promise something you have to keep it or you are thrown out of the game. At this point will anyone trust anyone else for deals like these? It's doubtful.

Yeah, Cassandra was pretty pathetic. It's a shame this game allows a useless player like her to make it that far and even win. I'll remember her getting there and try to single out other useless players next season who will probably make it to that point undeservedly. :thumbsdown:

I really enjoyed most of the jury questioning. Lisi's was embarrassingly hilarious. What the hell was she doing? I think she tried something, got nervous and f-ed up her plan. Oh well, it was expected from such a horrible player. At least Cassandra deserved to be in the final 3 more than Lisi did. I'm also non-religious, but Boo was pretty cool with his stuff. I think he got a good point across. I never liked Alex as a player (felt editing tried to make him look better than he was) but he did great with the questioning and might've helped with Earl's shut-out more than anyone. Rocky was pretty cool too.

I'm excited about the China show. MY mother just got back from there. She's never watched before so I'll have to tell her to check it out. Maybe a new fan.

"Nightmarez". :laugh:

MikeM

Screenwriter
Funny you should say that because I live about 15 minutes away from Yau's hometown of Martinez, CA. The other Survivor contestants that I just happened to live near were Chad from Survivor Vanuatu (the guy with one leg) who is from Oakland, and Vecepia the winner from Survivor Marquesas who was from Hayward. As luck would have it, I've bumped into both of them. I saw Vecepia at an A's game, and I bumped into Chad at Longs in Oakland. He was in line in front of me, bored out of his mind, and we chatted a bit. Really nice guy.

I just know I'll bump into Yau someday around here...just know it. :D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
At least Vecepia won an immunity challenge. Think about it -- Cassandar never got voted off from Moto because Moto won all their challenges, and even when they elected to go to TC, Lisi engineered Liliana's ouster so she dodged that bullet. She was still the next to go until they switched up the tribes and lucked into Earl's alliance. The only strategic thing Cassandra did was to get Dreamz into the final four, and even that didn't help her as much as it helped Dreamz. Probably the most useless player to ever get as far as she did.

I am of the thinking that Dreamz can't really be faulted for the decision he made -- I would really blame Yau Man for creating the situation in the first place. You can't expect Dreamz to give up immunity and get voted off -- if Yau tried to get Dreamz to at least get rid of Cassandra, that would have been the way to go instead of trusting Dreamz to follow through -- the guy is emotionally 10, and you just can't put your eggs in that basket. It was a adult's decision to make, and frankly, Dreamz is only an "adult" because of chronologly and not maturity.

OMG -- I think Lisi is the dumbest, most insane contestant ever. I can't imagine she has any friends. Her head is so up her ass she can see her tonsils. I can't imainge hating a contentant more than I hated her, and she didn't even really screw anyone over other than Liliana, but that was not at a critical juncture in the game. I also agree that she didn't know how many zeroes in 1,000,000 (that look on her face when she smirked at the jury thinking Dreamz was wrong turning into confusion when no one was laughing was almost as good as Edguardo's crestfallen look at his last TC). And I was glad to see Cassandra decided to tell her to screw off instead of trying to placate her. And for all the revisionist history Dreamz brought to the table, Lisi lied just as much if not more after the fact to cover her mind-boggling stupidity. And she accomplished nothing except look like a total ass!

Alex was waaay out of line -- his scenario of how Cassndra betrayed Stacey was completely wrong - she got voted out because Yau played the HII and not due to any underhanded trickery on Cassandra's part, plus which Stacey's big mouth at TC was one of the reason's Yau played the HII in the first place. Not that I liked Alex, but my wife and I were hissing at him during final TC.

All in all, another season that started off real slow then ended up cooking. I think the Thrival vs Survival tribes was a misstep (the game didn't get good until the trigbes merged) and the HII did not work well. I think the plan was to make it easy to locate but difficult to actually dig up because everyone was at camp, but other than Sylvia's case, this did not prove to be a particularly difficult obstacle.

I hope China is good, but I am really looking forward to All Stars.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

It's thinking like that which allows people like Dreamz to float through life without being held accountable. The guy is a complete douche bag and unless he is held accountable i.e, no free pass for whatever reason, he will continue to be a douche bag.

Lisi is a complete moron - nothing likable about her whatsoever. I was waiting for Jeff to ask her, at the reunion, "So Lisi, how many zeros are there in a million dollars".

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Too bad he doesn't live in Martinez, GA. :frowning: Let us know if you see him pumping Dreamz's truck up with gas at the filling station. Hell, he's done everything else for that dude! :D

mylan

Screenwriter
I think at the very least Ford needs to have a commercial featuring Yao-Man talking about the new F350 Super Duty truck with him saying something like " don't miss out on your chance to own a new truck like I did". They could even have it on an beach like setting, that is, if the producers of Survivor would give their approval, which, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I like both ideas.

They could have Dreamz and Yau-man on the commercial. Although I doubt Yau-man is truly as forgiving as he made out. He did look quite hurt but he realised it wouldn't help anybody to show anger over the situation. So he blamed himself. Yau-man is truly amazing. He must be on the All Star. Must!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks