What's new

Eco-Challenge Fiji (1 Viewer)

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Just a reminder that Eco-Challenge Fiji airs tonight at 10:00 PM on USA. I've always liked Mark Burnett's original reality production as well as Survivor.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I stumbled on this last year and liked it. Looks like USA is repeating each episode at midnight, so I won't have to crack out the second VCR....

//Ken

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
A friend of mine sent me email saying that there are some old Survivor contestants on the Eco-Challenge team, like he said that Jenna and Ethan and also that Kelly Wigglesworth are on teams (Not the same team I don't think) that are doing the Eco-challenge.

Ohhh to be rich and sponsored... :wink:

Jay

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
After checking the DirecTV schedule online yesterday, I turned it to USA at about 9:58 PM last night only to find out that it ran from 9-10 PM. Arrrrrg! Luckily it was on again at 11:00 PM. I watched the first 30 minutes and then taped the last 30 because I was too tired.

Jay H - You are correct. There is a team of Ethan and Jenna from Survivor. Their other two teammates are from MTV's Road Rules (don't remember their names). Other interesting teams included one with Hayden Christenson (sp?) of Star Wars competing with his brothers and sisters as well as another Playboy playmate team. None of these teams seems to be doing well even on the first day.

The scenery was gorgeous as usual. Everytime I watch one of these it makes me want to visit!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Woohoo, the Kiwis won... Too bad there wasn't a Eco-Challenge poll run. I picked the Kiwis last week before the race began. Anyway, I finally saw the last 2 hours of the race, very good race this year, lots of drama and it almost came down to a kayak race again. Even after Ian's 2 hour mistake at the end, it looks like the Kiwis still would of won since they still had a ~6 hour cushion in their time of victory. I wish the producers would show more teams, I don't think I even saw the 3rd place Aussies even race except for perhaps the very beginning introductions. Even the South Africans didn't have much coverage. Honestly, I couldn't care less about team "reality" or team Anikan, I even am a fan of Survivor.

Anyway, their billing of the "world's toughest race" is Burnett's attempt at trying to silence the critics of the race becoming too soft. Looks like they did a good course that was very challenging this time. Good job!

Jay

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Woohoo, the Kiwis won... Too bad there wasn't a Eco-Challenge poll run. I picked the Kiwis last week before the race began.
Actually, the race "began" back in 2002. A quick search of the eco-challenge website between then and tv time would have given you all the finish information well ahead of time.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just kidding, I know the interest in the eco-challenge isn't that big here anyway. But let me gloat over picking the right team to win. I usually try pretty hard not to follow races that will be aired on TV at a later date. I know OLN does the same thing with bike racing, it'll delay broadcast of it a few weeks or so so I try very hard not to follow any of the cycling related newsplaces or some forums. Most people in the forums are smart enough not to disclose the winners in the thread titles.

Once I watch it, then I can go back and find all the winners and the new teams and stuff.

Now if USA or some other channel could cover the Raid Galoises, Primal Quests, and the other ultramarathons, I'd be in heaven.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks