What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think you are smarter than that Hanson. Clearly, I meant in terms of being held accountable for one's actions.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Yauman's move with the truck was strategically wise. He knew he had a target on his back by being so strong in the game. The truck deal was to provide him with a tool to improve his odds later in the game. People fault him with trusting Dreamz, a risky proposition, but what choice did he have? He needed to enlist the support of the best challenge competitor (other than himself); that way his odds of winning immunity doubled (either he could win it himself, or his truck partner would win it for him) The choices were Dreamz and Boo. Boo seemed very much on the outs for his personality (I don't recall specifically why he was so disliked), so that left Dreamz. It was a gamble but a smart one even if it did not succeed.

People are infuriated by the double cross because of the context and the individuals involved. Yauman was immensely appealing; intelligent, funny, enthusiastic, an underdog (because of his age) but a real solid performer on challenges. People wanted him in the final three. Dreamz spent the whole show talking up his integrity, his straight talking, being a good example for his son; he did this not just to his tribemates but in personal asides to the camera. Then he betrays the most popular player in a weak, foolish moment (it cost him a chance at a million when a voting deal with Yauman could have saved him and kept him popular), and pretends this was some masterful act of strategy. He comes across as a rat, liar and hypocrite whereas Yauman was honorable and a gentleman even in defeat.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well said Stephen.

I'd be interested myself in knowing why Boo was so unpopular. I thought he was an okay player. Maybe a bit average. I'd most likely come across just like Boo (well, the edited Boo we see) if I played the game.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I'd be interested myself in knowing why Boo was so unpopular.

Me too- I can see why they would get rid of him for being a physical threat, but they seemed to personally dislike him, but I never saw where that came from.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was thinking "Boo" was a reference to the To Kill a Mockingbird character. EVerybody is supposed to like Boo!! He... {movie spoiler}

saved Scout and all! :D

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
^^^ Now that is taking spoilers to another level. What, you're worried about spoiling an Oscar-winning movie from 19-freaking-62????? Is it OK to mention that Rhett doesn't give a damn?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Apparently it was because he would not shut up, but they edited out the kinds of stuff he would talk about (they did say he was worse than a woman that way). I assume if one of the topics (judging by his Final Tribal Council question to Dreamz) had to do with Jesus.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh yeah! I just remember the helicopter trip! He was a bit of a loud mouth. Again, I think I'd be a bit like Boo in that respect. If I ever get to play the game (who knows?) I'll defiantely avoid annoying everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks