What's new

Top 10 Anticipated Discs of 2024...So Far (5 Viewers)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Amélie UHD is coming, and I cannot think of anything topping it on my wishlist.

YANG

Screenwriter
So far, it's The Abyss, True Lies, Footloose and Aliens. I am hoping for Tombstone, Dances with Wolves, The Departed, Ghost, Last of the Mohicans, Pearl Harbor and Wyatt Earp. There are probably a few more I can't think of right now.
pulled out 3 "modern westerns“ today for a spin...
95cdae378d683fa63279dba52366c0e67c64027d_2_1035x481.jpeg

...pity, UNFORGIVEN DVD worked only for a single layer, totally unreadable in the 2nd half of the film. i guess, it's time for the 4K transitional pack upgrade. anyway, on Wyatt Earp "inspired" movie, i wonder...
Wyatt-Earp-Box-Set-Edition-LaserDisc-13921-N_01.jpg

...when will we get to see remastered 4K release of both Warner and Hollywod Pictures release in director's cut?

just in case some may puzzled, isn't the TOMBSTONE VISTA Series DVD a D.C.?
well... i found out that the UK PAL DVD release runs about 135mins, same "length" as the NTSC release from the American Continent?

isn't PAL speedup would affect the running length of the main feature? i.e. in PAL, the D.C. would come down to 129mins approx.?
however...
...there isn't any mention here that the UK release is a PAL speedup transfer. if it was so... wouldn't NTSC version of TombStone D.C. would go... 142mins approx.?​

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Little Darlings*

*strongly rumored, with pre-order beginning possibly this week

Rumor no more!

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Rumor no more!

So far...
*Peeping Tom 4k
*Scarlet Street 4k
*The Searchers 4k
*The Roaring Twenties 4k
*Meet John Doe

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
What do we know about this so far? Will they be licensing to boutique labels?

I had been prioritizing old Fox blurays from before the acquisition on the assumption that rereleases and remasters were not especially likely.
Still researching, on what titles have been restored/remastered recently before the Fox acquisition by Disney.

Note that some of those titles started to appear on either iTunes/Amazon Prime (fx. Die Hard 2 [D+ had Theatrical subs for the first FM-1 scene and iTunes/Amazon Prime did not]-GDTDH) or before the Disney+ crusade began.

Titles with recent masters/transfers on International BDs not on US/CA BDs that appear on Disney+ (according to my streaming site research) as well:

Big Trouble in Little China (1986) ITA Midnight Factory BD
Volcano (1997) DE FilmConfect Home Entertainment/JP Fox BD

I still look forward for some sort of evidence of an official announcement, of a 4K UHD/Remastered Fox (blockbuster/catalog) title or a bunch from Disney. To date I have not found an announcement (outside from a green light from "Lightstorm Entertainment") up to this very moment.

I'm still totally unconvinced.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 13

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
[/URL]

isn't PAL speedup would affect the running length of the main feature? i.e. in PAL, the D.C. would come down to 129mins approx.?
however...
...there isn't any mention here that the UK release is a PAL speedup transfer. if it was so... wouldn't NTSC version of TombStone D.C. would go... 142mins approx.?[/CENTER]
If Disney/Buena Vista has a recent remastered 4K master [rolling the dice for 4K Theatrical Version along with a Remastered 1080p BD presentation copy of the 134 min Director's Cut], I'd be very happy claim the title in UHD/Remastered if they include the missing DVD extras (including "Image Gallery" Easter Egg and "Outtakes And Commentary By Director George P. Cosmatos")

According to Bill Hunt (in 2002 DC DVD review):

"Billy Breckinridge (played by Jason Priestley) kills one of the Cowboys to avenge Fabian and delivers the body to Wyatt. This hasn't been restored to the new cut and it isn't available on the DVD as an outtake or deleted scene. On the laserdisc, Cosmatos also mentions the additional footage seen in the trailers (though the full scenes aren't included there) and indicates that his original cut of the film was nearly three hours long."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks