What's new
World Wide Stereo

Suggestions for compact systems with specific requirements (1 Viewer)

yosoyamar

Auditioning
Real Name
Amar
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up a "real" media/entertainment room in my basement. As I move my higher-end but bulky components to the entertainment room, I need a compact replacement system for my family room. Ideally, I need: * A compact system, since my family room is relatively small, about 12x15 * A real 5.1 system -- not sure I could live with simulation via a sound bar after having had a decent (Acoustimass 10) system for many years. The front speakers can be included in a sound bar as long as there are separate rear speakers. Ideally, rear speakers would be slim and floor-standing, to avoid need for a separate stand or wall-mounting. * Included DVD player and receiver (DVD player not a must-have) * Several HDMI inputs * In-built wireless internet connectivity, including at a minimum Netflix connectivity (no adapters) * Wireless rear speakers and subwoofer (no adapters) * Built-in iPod connectivity or Bluetooth availability * Sound can be decent but need not be great * Priced under $600 So far, the only system I have come across that comes even close to these requirements is Panasonic SC-BTT770. A couple of things I don't like about the BTT770 are: (1) The front speakers are somewhat large, and (2) The subwoofer isn't wirelessly connected. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for systems that fit the bill. Thanks!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF, Amar! I'm sure someone will be around to provide feedback to your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks