What's new

Help with setting up a new HT system (1 Viewer)

Reddevil_23

Auditioning
Real Name
Abishek
Hello everyone,
First time setting up a HT system (located in Canada) and have few questions. I would like to start with 5.x and eventually upgrade to 7.x set up in few years.

1. From what I understand, almost all AV receivers are universal, right? I just need to make sure the front left, center and right speakers are of the same brand to get the best performance. The surrounds can be different brand?
  2. Do I need to worry about the dB levels of speakers? Or is that irrelevant? For reference, our entertainment room is roughly 166 sq. ft.
  3. The budget right now is roughly 1200-1500 CAD. Can I build a decent system in that price range? Any recommendations for brand/models for receiver/speakers?
  4. I can wall mount the surround speakers now and a get a speaker stand later if I prefer it to be on the floor instead of wall?
  5. I currently have a 4K LED TV and will be upgrading to 75 inch in the next year or two. Also, have a PS5. In that case, is there anything I need to specifically look for in the receiver specs?
TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks