What's new

HT-A9 Speakers and STR-DH790 Receiver setup (1 Viewer)

rencher.grant

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant
Hello everyone,

I have been setting up a new projector theater system in my basement. I am using Sony's HT-A9 speaker system. The only problem is that the HT-A9 only has one HDMI input port. I have several devices that I plan on using so I bought an STR-DH790 receiver to manage the various sources. I am having trouble connecting the two devices to produce the audio and video. I have tried using the receiver as HDMI video input for HT-A9, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Is what I am trying to do possible? If so, how can I do it? If this type of receiver won't work in this situation, is there another way to manage several different sources?

Thanks for the help

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The simple answer is that those two components duplicate each other and are not designed to be used together. That doesn't mean there is no way to cobble them together and have something that (minimally) functions, but the STR receiver is designed to use traditional speakers, and the HT-A9 is designed solely as a completely self-contained system.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Are you connecting this to a TV? Connect the sources to the TV and the HT-A9 to the HDMI/ARC of the TV. Make sure HDMI control and ARC are turned on and the TV should control the sound system.
The DH790 is not needed as John explained above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks