What's new

How do listen to your sound sources ? (1 Viewer)

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
Sennheiser DSP PRO New In The Box! Complete and Compact Surround Sound System Home Cinema - without disturbing others - using your Normal Stereo Headphones!
--- Spider's Price: $59.00 at 1 dozen the price was $39.00

Ha ha only 1 left that's because I bought up all his existing stock at 18 of them!
Here is why!

Sennheiser DSP PRO New In The Box! Complete and Compact Surround Sound System Home Cinema - without disturbing others - using your Normal Stereo Headphones! With standard hi-fi systems the emphasis is on high quality enjoyment of music. Dolby Surround enters a new dimension and gives a completely new hi-fi sound experience.

A conventional hi-fi system features two audio channels which are reproduced either by two stereo loudspeakers positioned to the front of the listener, or by high-quality headphones, e.g. from Sennheiser. Works with wireless headphones and perfect for late night listening. Dolby Surround, on the other hand, is an audio system developed for cinema sound.

The film sound track transports the audience right into the film, as it were, with sound effects that keep them on the edge of their seats.

Therefore, Dolby Surround uses the ability of the human ear to clearly discern the direction a sound comes from. Instead of the usual front left and right speakers, Dolby Surround employs five loudspeakers. The active Dolby Surround technique, called "Pro-Logic", uses four audio channels reproduced by five loudspeakers: The two front left and right stereo speakers are completed by a center speaker which radiates the sound directly from the middle of the cinema screen, or, at home, from the television set.

The three-dimensional impression is created by a left and right speaker positioned behind the listener. In Dolby Surround, these 2 speakers are fed the same mono signal. This is sufficient for creating 3D effects as the focus of attention is at the front, on the screen. To enhance the 3D impression, the sound from the rear loudspeakers is delayed by about 20 milliseconds. Haas processor, spatial hearing with headphones: You don't have enough room to turn your living room into a home cinema?

The five speakers would bother you, not to mention the cables they require? Or you would like a second Dolby Surround system in another room without having to install a complete system? No problem - it features state-of- the-art DSP (digital signal processing) technology to make your wishes come true!
Your ears differentiate between directions.

Let's first look at a few basic physical principles to understand why our ears hear spatial sound and are able to localize a sound source. 1 A sound arrives at one ear first (time difference).Example: You hear a door slamming to your right. Your right ear receives this information first.
The left ear hears the sound a fraction later. Even if this time difference is only a split second due to the short distance between your ears, the brain is able to recognize from this delay that the door has been slammed to your right.

The Haas effect helps in localizing a sound source. If two sounds reach the ear shortly after one another (the first sound delayed relative to the second by about 1-30 Ms., the second sound cannot be detected. In our example, the brain would shortly "switch off' your left ear and thus facilitate the localization of the sound source.

The Haas effect is very useful when you have to determine the direction of voices in reverberant rooms. 2. A sound arrives at your ears with a different volume (level difference). Let's use the door example again. The right ear receives the sound signal directly, whereas the left ear is turned away from the sound source. You will hear the sound louder with your right ear. The shape of the outer ear (pinna) and the attenuating effect of the head, hair, clothes etc. help the brain to determine the direction of the sound.
The attenuation is also dependent on frequency.

Higher frequencies are attenuated to a greater degree (approx 30 dB at 15 kHz) than lower frequencies (approx. 5 dB at 50 Hz). Thus, it's Important for the localization of a sound source to use good headphones which optimally reproduce the treble, such as Sennheiser headphones.
Creates a virtual room:
The processor computes the time delays and level differences for the position of each loudspeaker in a Dolby Surround system.
Thus, it produces five pieces of directional information for each ear, a total of ten "head-related transfer functions".

When a sound signal is processed using this directional information - this process is called filtering-you will get the impression of listening to real 3D sound with your headphones. A virtual, three-dimensional world of sound is created! HRTF (Head-Related Transfer Functions).

More than 20 years ago, Sennheiser was the pioneer of "head-related stereophony) and dummy head technology. Since then, Sennheiser has pursued the idea of head-related recording systems. HRTF systems have now opened the door to Surround sound via standard stereo headphones. Sennheiser is co-operating with renowned research laboratories worldwide specializing in the development of HRTF systems. HRTF signals are obtained by placing tiny microphones into the ears and recording the acoustic characteristics of the head and pinna for all directions of incidence around a listener.

Precise HRTF measurements are essential for an authentic 3D sound system. Of these, 15 representative, typical ear types have been selected and programmed. At least one of these ear types will come very close to matching your own ears and thus enable you to enjoy a true 3D sound experience.

Features:
Transforms your headphones into a Dolby Surround sound experience, Your own personal surround sound cinema - without disturbing others! Can be customized and fine-tuned to your ears Features a Dolby Surround Pro-Logic decoder. Can be connected to your stereo video recorder or TV Two headphone output sockets

Specifications:
Frequency response: 20-18,000 Hz
Input impedance: 30 kOhms at 1 kHz
Minimum output impedance: 15-600
THD: 0.01%
Crosstalk: -80 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio: 85 dB
Dimensions: approx. 200 x 80 x 20 mm
Weight (without cable): approx. 700 g
Decoding type: Dolby Pro-Logic
Processing techniques: delay, reverberation, outer ear simulation, comb filtering
Outputs Headphone mode: 2 x 3.5 mm stereo jack sockets headphone simulates front left, center and right, and rear left and right speakers
Outputs Speaker mode: left, center, right, surround; requires 5 active loudspeakers
Room simulations: 3 variants
Preamplifier functions: volume, balance and bassboost
Supplies: 6m cable, mains unit, 2 adapter cables
Warranty:
This product is new in the box and carries a two-year parts and labor warranty through Sennheiser.

You see now why I wanted this product and have made other ajustments brought up reverberation in milliseconds to 2,000, and Depth equal to 100 times any system in the 20th or 21st Centuries! I had to finish the project before 2YK. I did in 1998, 2 full years before 2YK. I have 8 devices online to bring me a virtual reality in sound! All from a College night school class in sound projection-Virutual.

I had Professor Howard Miller over and blew his rationality out the everloving doors! I had Startgate DVD Chapter 16 the only seen ride by character Dr. Jackson to the Kalium Galaxy via my 30 inch designed by Joe Kane wide screen Princeton graphic AF3.0HD and my super virtual hacked Sound system from what is was to what its capable now. Professor I said what do you think? "Stop calling me professor your one of the club now, you don't IMO need a degree. I am proud of you you took notes and had a keen interest, of all of my class I knew if if could be attained, you would be the one to figure it out".

"Smiling he said I had a partial virtual in sight and full virtual reality in sound 2 years before the big year 2000". "I am very proud of you, you blew my socks off, with headphones yet!

I could believe it could be done but certainly NOT with headphones, you learned to go beyond the inventers realm of how it could be changed as DVD was not around when you were in my class and neither was this headphone mind blower you integrated into 2 machines doing conventional by themselves, Dr Frankenstein you really did some radical surgery, only you didn't create a monster, a mindblower instead"

This is the reason why HTF, I will never ask for audio suggestions. Total in watts needed 18 for the DVD player, 12 watts for Radio Shack 42-2108 OOP for about 15 years and 450 miliamp for Dolby Processor. Total 30 watts and 450 milliamps of power and NO disturbing the peace, the mind yes; but not the peace!

How do you listen to your cinema sound? :)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i'm not sure i understand the point of the of the original post.

it also does not appear to be either "a poll" or "official".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've amended the thread topic.

FYI, only moderators should be making threads/polls "Official".

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
"i'm not sure i understand the point of the of the original post.
it also does not appear to be either "a poll" or "official"."
========================================

Is he offering the 18 of 'em he bought for sale in "hardware for sale or trade"?

Sounds like interesting technology, I seem to remember Sony doing something similar a couple of years ago. Since I have no WAF or kids in the house and headphones make my ears sore or itchy after a few minutes I'll stick to my 8 speakers, thanks very much.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Gosh, I guess I'd better get into another business. Won't be able to sell any custom Home Theaters now. This genius has it all figured out...NOT! LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks