What's new

Subs and projector bulb life (1 Viewer)

Tobe

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Anyone have opinions or data regarding sub output and bulb life? Looking to upgrade subs but I'm a little worried about the added bass causing bulb life to decrease. Two SVS 20-39 PC–Plus in a 20'x13.5'X9' dedicated. I may just be paranoid but those little boogers are expensive.:)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Don't panic.

Projector bulbs are generally "short arc" or vapor arcs, and therefore don't have fragile, vibration sensitive filaments like halogen lamps.

Granted, serious thumping on the projector isn't a good thing, but subwoofers, unless they're mounted on the projector aren't going to cause any trouble.

Leo

Tobe

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Thanks Leo. Gives me more peace of mind since I just replaced it. Maybe I'll get three subs now.....only joking. These two are probably more than I need for the space.

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
Mr. Tobe, maybe I can give you a little more piece of mind. I also have 2 SVS subs. They are pb12/plus 2's. And they are both in a room that is considieratly smaller then yours. If I figured your room out correctly you are about 2430 square vollume. My room is 1197 square vollume. And if I can get away with those monsters, you should'nt have any problem.

Tobe

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Thanks again. I'm feeling much better. Maybe I'll go with 4 PB12-Ultra/2. :laugh: Really, I'm pushing the cost with the two 20-39's.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
You have nothing to worry about. I recently have had the equivalent of about a 10 PC+ subs within a few feet of my projector(s) with no problems(except a little picture "shake").

Tom V.
SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks