What's new

Speaker Mount (1 Viewer)

Xander H

Agent
Hey there,

Just picked up 6 of the JBL E30 speakers (Northridge series) and I'm going to mount them on my walls as surrounds. I've got all the speaker wire run through the walls and backing in place, but I'm not sure where to drill on the actual speaker to attach the mounts.

I'm hoping to be able to drill the hole for the screws on the back of the speaker near the top. It doesn't look like there would be anything that it could possibly hit, but I didn't know if anyone had any experience mounting these speakers or any Northridge speakers and I'm nervous about damaging my brand new babies.

Any help as to whether that's a good place or if I should find a better spot on the speakers to attach the mount would be great...or even a cross section or rough sketch of the inside if anyone knows where to find one.

Thanks!

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry noob here,

But can't you take off one driver and peek in to see if the crossover/filter thingy is anywhere near where you want to drill, better be safe than sorry...

Regards.
DavidSGT

Glenn.L

Auditioning
or you could use one of the side or bottem clanp type mounts then you arn't having to put any unneeded holes in the boxes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks