What's new

Question About My New Babies...How High to Mount on the Wall? (1 Viewer)

Josh Orenberg

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
How high should I mount these guys on the wall? This is for my computer desk setup. Currently I am thinking the position halfway between the bottom of the tweeter and the top of the woofer at ear level. Is this a good way of doing things or should I adopt something different? Thanks!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I was going to say "ear level", but you're really getting into the nitty gritty. So maybe hang them from the ceiling and move them up and down to see what affect it has.

Josh Orenberg

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
@Al.Anderson Thanks. I had the idea to hunch over and listen to the sound at different heights by moving my head around while the speakers are on my desk. The difference in sound quality is very subtle at different heights. I think approximately the height I was contemplating sounds pretty darned good. The sound is definitely fuller when at about ear level compared to having my ears a foot or so above the tweeter when sitting down.

Doug2000

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Put the tweeters at ear level. Imagine an equilateral triangle with your head just inside one corner and the speakers at the other two corners. They should technically be away from the wall but I imagine that is not logistically possible. They should also be toed in so the drivers are pointing directly at your head/ears.

Google how to position studio monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks