What's new

Bipolar Speakers as from left and right (1 Viewer)

ouruslife

Auditioning
Real Name
John Smith
Hello, this may be a blunt question but I would like to know how it will work on my setup. I am planning to setup a 7.1 in my living room which opens to the kitchen and is a big open room. The TV is mounted above the fireplace and there are left and right speaker points on the sides of the tv. Since the room is big I am thinking of to add a pair of bipolar speakers as the front left and right speakers. Any insight on how will it sound? Would the left and right sound waves conflict on this setup? Appreciate your insights. Thanks, John

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What kind of bipolar speakers are you referring to? Do you have a specific model?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you're referring to bipolar style surround speakers, then no, absolutely do NOT use those.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My guess would be this will not produce a satisfactory sound stage. It may be louder but likely at the expense of clarity and nuance. You'd probably be better served with an adequately sized and powered set of monopole towers

ouruslife

Auditioning
Real Name
John Smith
My guess would be this will not produce a satisfactory sound stage. It may be louder but likely at the expense of clarity and nuance. You'd probably be better served with an adequately sized and powered set of monopole towers
Thanks John. I thought about it too.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am talking about Klipsch RP 5025 Reference
Yeah, you definitely do not want to use those for front speakers. In fact, depending on your room, bipolar speakers really aren't ideal for surrounds any more, either. Modern surround soundtracks aren't really intended to have diffuse surround any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks