What's new

Advice on what fixed frame screen to buy for my UST. Formovie? (1 Viewer)

alexandruclaudiu

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hello all! I am new here, so sorry for any mistakes.

I've just snagged the Formovie Fresnel screen, but realized after ordering it that it has a 50-degree view angle (whoops, my mistake). Wondering if I should reconsider.

Here are my room/usecase specifications:
- Room size: around 27m² (4.8m x 5.5m) with the screen on the 6m side
- Viewer-screen distance (from the main key viewing area which is a sofa directly perpendicular on the center of the screen): 4.5m
- Room width from screen center: 4m right, 2m left
- Another key viewing area: Dining space, 3m right from screen's center
- Ambient light: Glass door and window to the screen's right (on the same wall as the screen) and 2 overhead ceiling light (one in the dining area and one on the same area as the screen is, just on the ceil).

Given my setup, including a Philips Screeneo U5 UST projector with 2000 ANSI Lumens, would this screen suit my needs, or should I consider buying another screen? What are your thoughts? I am interested to keep as much as possible around 70-80% image quality from almost any position in the room (if something like that can be quantified).

In the case I should change the screen - what are your suggestions in the same price range (fixed frame is fine)? I think at least a gain of 1 is needed.

I was thinking that fresnel is the best once since I have both some ambient light and ceil light - and I saw that the Formovie one is really good. But in the same time I was not aware of the restrictive viewing angle.

To add more (hopefully helpful) context - The usecase would be something like this -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TuYi9X9fWK0scxw8M2w22qRi2AutIvaF/view?usp=drivesdk.Red being the 50 degree and blue the 120 degree (as a simulation). I am not sure how bad it is when you get out of the 50 degree.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks