What's new

Sony 2020 TV line-up, with surprise news (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I accepted an invitation to go to Sony HQ Japan and have meetings with the engineers to recommend video display enhancement priorities.

Unrelated, but wanted to eliminate the need for another post, here's some new information the new A9H OLED Master Series, estimated to begin shipping by the end of Q3, will have a new and more powerful video processor. No name for the new upgraded processor at this moment. If all goes as planned I'll be receiving our first mass production A8H series, which will begin shipping earlier, likely no later than the end of April 2020.

I'll post more later along with additional information and tentative launch dates and pricing.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Hello Rob

thanks for the info thus far

if you get a chance can u ask them if LG display is using 240 hz native refresh rate backplane.? In other words will it be 120hz black frame insertion

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We're loving our Sony's new 2020 X950H Flagship 4K HDR TV. Beautiful fit and finish and stunning full array locally dimmed 4K HDR picture quality.

Sony favored us with the 1st allocation shipment of the 2020 X950H.

85047437_10157786062503445_7218376518764855296_n.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess I can put this on my list of TVs to look at.

Expecting to get a new one late in the year. This 75” might be a tad over my likely budget.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We are all loving this new TV and will all of the various content and ambient light conditions we've been watching.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the info! I’m thinking seriously of blind-buying the 65” X950H. The G is highly reviewed and recommended and I’ve come close to buying it. I’m assuming the 2020 models will be equally well reviewed.

If there are pre-order or launch day sales pricing, I’m interested!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I accepted an invitation to go to Sony HQ Japan and have meetings with the engineers to recommend video display enhancement priorities.

Can you please recommend to Sony to drop the x-Wide Angle which has hindered every high end Sony TV since after the Z9D?

Thanks Robert.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did some spreadsheetery and have high confidence the 65" 950H will fit on my existing wall mount, and in the current space and electronics hutch with center speak placement. (Which is great. I've got a beefy, adjustable Monoprice wall mount I bought for my Kuro circa 2009. It's mounted on a painted wall with cabinet-mounting reinforcements between the studs beneath the drywall. I *really* did not want to figure out a new mount for a new TV.)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just wanted to clarify some possible misinformation on Sony's 85" and 98" Z9G is being discontinued. Not true.

Sony 98" Z9G is not be discontinued period and that's Sony's official answer as of today and is very unlikely to change. The 85" Z9G is slated to be end of life by the end of July when the 85Z8H launches, but the 98" Master Series Z9G continues on through the 2020 model year.

Another misunderstanding, the 85" Z9G that is on promotion will not go any higher. Sony, like all a/v manufacturers publish a Promotional Roadmap to all authorized dealers and it lists a $3,000 instant rebate ending Sunday, March 8th and the price will go back to it's normal $12,999 price. So for anyone on the fence this is a real $3k that is funded by Sony and goes away on Saturday, March 7.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I ^^ agree! I loved this TV when I saw it at Sony's CES off site suite. I spent some time with the engineer and training manager discussing the A8H. So happy to see them upgrade the A8H with the well respected flagship X1 Ultimate processor and it's re-tuned for the 2020 TVs.

Sony was kind to us and we're allocated for the first allotment that is scheduled to arrive the week of May 11th. I'll be comparing, testing and evaluating the A8H next to LG's CX

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks