What's new

Sony's 2017 premium UHD-TV's the X800E, X850E, X900E and X940E series (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I've officially committed to the 940e through VE. Hoping it ships tomorrow. I'm incredibly nervous to be spending this much on a TV, am cautious about moving to it from a plasma, and wish I could be spending this dough on a 4K & DV PJ for my basement. Oh well, there's always 2018.

Despite all that I'm incredibly excited. This will be the first time I ever buy 'new' tech flat panel. Bring on the battlezone!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've officially committed to the 940e through VE. Hoping it ships tomorrow. I'm incredibly nervous to be spending this much on a TV, am cautious about moving to it from a plasma, and wish I could be spending this dough on a 4K & DV PJ for my basement. Oh well, there's always 2018.

Despite all that I'm incredibly excited. This will be the first time I ever buy 'new' tech flat panel. Bring on the battlezone!
Congrats, Sam! I'm sure you'll be happy with this purchase.

donquixote

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar

Congrats, please keep us informed of your impressions and thoughts about your new TV

Thank you!

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Did anyone else notice that 3 of the 4 x900E models got another $200 knocked off (see best buy site among others). Once again the people wanting the smaller model get screwed, since the 49" is the only one to not get discounted.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Considering it's a VA, full array locally dimmed panel (expensive to manufacturer) at $1,998 UPP it just can't go any lower. I can also tell you at the $1,198 UPP the dealer m/u is very minimal. We threw in Sony's new BDP-6700 Blu-ray player as a nice courtesy gift with purchase.

donquixote

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar
Hello Robert

As you probably know in the past weeks there have been some initial reviews of Samsung QLED series a little bit disappointing. Those reviews made me to consider Sony X900E/X930E series as the only alternatives.

However recently new, more serene, positive reviews/reports about QLEDs TVs have emerged. As I deeply trust in your judgement I'd would like to know if you have had the opportunity of watching and comparing the new Samsung QLED (specially Q7F) versus Sony XE90/XE93. In that case , what's your opinión and preference?

Thank you very much!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm not robert but I'll give my input on the 75" class Q9 vs the Sony 940e, purely on specs:
The Q does not have FALD or Dolby Vision. The Sony's motion chip is rated at the top of the industry. And the Q is thousands of dollars more than the Sony. The Q simply does not make sense for most people, especially as early reviews show that its showing it's edge lit heritage with blooming. AFAIK the 75" Q9 isn't actually shipping yet, all impressions have been from the 65
We'll see if it lives up to my expectations soon!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
First issue: different size bolts on the VESA mount than my Panasonic plasma. M6 for the record. Bought 20 and 25mm will let you know which I need after the 10mm spacer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks