What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Sony's 2022 Z9K 8K Master Series HDR MiniLED TV (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sony has the very first allocation/shipment of the new 2020 Z9K 8K Master Series MiniLED HD TVs picked and palletized for delivery to our store. If all goes as scheduled we'll receive the shipment this Thursday or no later than Friday.

I spent a lot of time with the Z9K at Sony's US HQ and spoke with the engineers and product managers about the Z9K so I have some good knowledge on this new TV.

I scheduled a YouTube video of the unboxing, set-up and 1st impressions for this Saturday, but I'll get back here sooner with some pictures when the Z9K delivery arrives. I'll position the Z9K next to the X95K so we can compare them side-by-side with the same test patterns and content.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
OMG we are having the most fun ever with Sony's new 2022 Z9K 8K HDR Master Series MiniLED TV in our store today!

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2048x1536.
Sony-Z9K-in-store-wRZ-2048x1536.jpg

Seeing HDR content without the need to tone map gives you the full dynamic tonal range and full color volume to the screen and brings out all of the details in the highest peak luminance that I have never seen before on any TV. The images look real to life.

So the value and benefits of a premium 8K TV is not because of the higher resolution, but it is a very welcome side effect of having 400% more pixels that deliver much higher peak luminance and better color saturation and color volume. The naturally higher contrast ratio and full color volume of Sony's Z9K makes the images look sharper and more detailed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here's a nice Z9K YouTube video from Brian's Tech Therapy channel that Brian and Shane from SpareChange shot in our new Broadcast Studio at Value Electronics.

Yeah, I watched the video earlier today on You Tube. When will that new Broadcast Studio be completed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mufasaa
Recent bookmarks