What's new

Should I run my tv through Arc or not (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeremy
i have a Denon 6200 and I am curious should hook up through the arc or through regular way.
I have a Samsung 4K tv

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm not sure what you mean by "the regular way", but using ARC is fine as long as it works. If it doesn't you'll need an optical from the TV to your receiver. This is all assuming that you have an OTA antenna or are using aps on the TV; otherwise, you probably don't need the ARC and any HDMI port will do.

Real Name
Jeremy
When I said regular way I was meaning the way you would usually hook up audio/video without arc cable. Just wondering if would make a difference either way.

Real Name
Jeremy
Blue ray movies. Trying to run Atmos. I have all the speakers set up and ready didn't know if running through arc or not would make a difference

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
ARC is ONLY for eliminating an audio cable between the TV and receiver when you use the TV's internal tuner or apps. You never use it for anything else. All your other sources, such as blu-ray player are connected directly to the receiver using hdmi, then video is passed on to the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks