What's new

Route 66 (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Thank you also for your hard work here...Neal, those guys (Rick Daily and his fellow contributors) really put a lot of hard work into http://ohio66.com/, and we are the beneficiaries of that. Anybody who would research a 'making of' book on the history of Route 66 would find it invaluable. This along with http://sixtysixkicks.blogspot.com/ and credentialed access as a researcher to the Herbert B. Leonard and Stirling Silliphant collections held at UCLA!

Neal, it's confusing because the story stipulates that one of Buzz's mentors, the social worker Chuck Brennan (comedian Milt Kamen! He was a gag writer for Sid Caesar on Your Show of Shows and also appeared in Naked City's season three episode Today the Man Who Kills Ants is Coming) was a dear friend of Buzz during his 'Hells Kitchen' youth...so you might think this episode was filmed in NYC...but it's not!

This episode was filmed in Philadelphia, 'Lower Marion' district, and that is the cityscape skyline that we see from the rooftops. This was the second episode to be filmed in Philly, just after The Thin White Line...
Thanks Randall, but this ain't work it's fun!! I sure would like to thank Rick Daily and the folks who created the ohio66.com website and to point them over here so they can see the love and the energy we give to Route 66. How about that! It sure looks like Manhattan. Was that info gleaned from the James Rosin Route 66: The Television Series book? I wonder why there weren't more episodes filmed here in New York particularly being that Bert Leonard spent so much time filming Naked City here? Could the reason be that as the series began Tod Stiles was leaving New York to travel across the US on Route 66? Off hand I don't recall what if any of the storylines brought Tod and Buzz back to NYC?

I see at the home page of ohio66.com the last update was on November 6, 2016 along with links to Classic TV Series Books and other favorites including 66 kicks and The Fugitive - Then and Now...
I have much in common with Mr. Daily! I'm going to try the email address and see if I get a response.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Neal, now I see you're about to profile the delights of young, lovely (and tragically haunted) Vicki Russell (Julie Newmar!)...and the spectacular sights of Tucson Arizona, summer 1961 as seen in How Much a Pound is Albatross?...I have also previously posted some lovingly labored-over screen caps hot off the top of my laptop a few years ago...just a few to help wet our appetites in anticipation of your epic gallery...sorry, I can't help myself, ha, ha...
You have no idea, or maybe you do? Russ I'll warn you in advance.
Beacon.gif

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
S03E24 Narcissus on an Old Red Fire Engine (Mar.29.1963) This Behind-the-Scenes at Filming of Route 66 link from texasarchive.org was posted much earlier in this thread. In case it is ever removed from this website here is the FULL silent version upload.

This is the Route 66 On Location In Texas shortened version with narrative upload from YouTube.

Route 66 On Location In Texas shortened version direct from YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks