What's new

RIP Christopher Reeve (1 Viewer)

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
here's the CNN link
BEDFORD, New York (AP) -- Christopher Reeve, the star of the "Superman" movies whose near-fatal riding accident nine years ago turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, died Sunday of heart failure, his publicist said. He was 52.

Reeve fell into a coma Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home, his publicist, Wesley Combs, told The Associated Press by phone from Washington, D.C., on Sunday night.

--I too will spin my Superman dvd this week.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Rest In Peace, Mr Reeve.

Watching Superman, you can see that Reeve really was an exceptional actor. There's that moment where he takes off his glasses, and changes before your eyes from Clark Kent to Superman. It's a great moment, and you realise that he was an incredible actor.

And then the accident happened. I can remember watching the news that day, and it just seemed impossible to even think about.

And then we heard the stories about how he was working to overcome the injury, and it was incredible. Like many here, I believe if anyone had the ability to walk again after that, Reeve did.

Sadly he will not.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

James T

Screenwriter
I saw this on another forum where Drudge was the only reporter to report this and hoped he was wrong...

Really sad news.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
No man...Not Kirk Alyn, not Dean Cain, not Tim Daly, not Tom Welling...will ever fill out Superman's red cape the way Christopher Reeve did.

On top of that, he was a good comedic actor, too. I thought he was great in "Switching Channels" and on top of that, he worked with the Muppets on both "The Muppet Show" and "Sesame Street".

You know, it seems like every year, once we hit Autumn, the celebrity deaths start stacking up. Why? Whether it's everyday people or celebrities, I wonder why death has to happen.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

My eyes are watering.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:

He was more than just an exceptional actor/director....he was an inspiration to millions around the world.

RIP Mr Reeve

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm floored. It's 3 am, I just got home from a night out on the town, and I'm reading that my hero has passed away. :frowning:

Chris was an inspiration for everyone. He served as an example of what real perseverence and strength REALLY was. Although confined to his chair for the past 9 years, he went the distance & went further than anyone in showing us that nothing could stop a true hero.

Superman is & forever will be the perfect description for the man that Chris was. A Super, Amazing, & Awe-inspiring Man.

We'll miss you Chris. I'll never be able to think "Superman" without thinking "Christoper Reeve" ever again.

R.I.P.

Moe.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm not sure what to say right now. All I know is that I'm very sad. :frowning: Superman was one of my earliest childhood heroes, and as I grew older, the real-life Christopher Reeve became an even more important hero to me. He will definitely be missed.

I wish his family, friends, and all his fans peace.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Wow... Janet Leigh, Gordon Cooper, Rodney Dangerfield, one of my dogs, and now Christopher Reeve all in the past week. What a sad week it has been.

R.I.P. Mr. Reeve.

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still in a state of shock. My condolances go out to his family and friends. To me Mr. Reeve is now not only walking but is FLYING! :emoji_thumbsup:

Real Name
Anthony
I can only echo previous posts in saying that I, too, was absolutely convinced that Christopher Reeve would eventually regain the ability to walk. I didn't realise how little doubt I had about that until I heard the sad news of his death this morning. It says a lot about how completely an entire generation came to identify him with Superman.
It's an astonishing feat for an actor to play a guy in a cape, tights and little red booties and still imbue the part with such dignity, such humour and such absolute conviction.

The next actor to play Superman will find those little red booties way too big to fill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks