What's new

We Lost HTF Member Johnny Angell (2 Viewers)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It’s my sad duty this morning to report the passing of one of our longtime members, Johnny Angell.

I noticed yesterday that I had not seen a new post from Johnny in over three months, which was uncharacteristic of him. Johnny had openly posted here over the past few years about his medical issues, and I began to worry that something may have happened to him. My fears were confirmed when I googled his name and found his obituary.

Johnny, unfortunately, passed away on April 7th of this year as the result of a fall sustained while helping a friend clear debris from the EF3 tornado that tore through the Little Rock metro the afternoon of March 31st.

Many long time members of HTF will remember Johnny as loving classic monster movies, dinosaurs, bourbon, running, and pumpkin carving. His greatest passion, however, was animal rescue. He felt so strongly about it that he, along with his wife, helped found FuRR (Feline Rescue and Rehome) in central Arkansas.

I lived a mere 20 minutes from Johnny but never got the opportunity to meet him in person, a regret I now carry with me. From our interactions here on HTF though, I can tell you that he was a great person and a very kind human being. He will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace, Johnny.

Johnny’s obituary

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Oh no! I'd been wondering why Johnny hadn't been posting but figured that perhaps other obligations had taken priority, as they sometimes do. I'm really saddened to hear that he's no longer with us! He will be missed here for sure. :(

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dang that sucks to hear. RIP and best wishes to his family and friends. I think it's telling that he was helping someone recover from a disaster when the end came. No one wants to die, but when it comes time for me, I hope it's while doing something to help others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks