What's new

Support for HTF Member in Need (1 Viewer)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
This post has the wholehearted support of HTF owners, past and present as well as the permission of its subject, long-time member Robert ‘Bob’ Grippo (@RobertMG ).

Several here are already aware of the difficulties which Bob has been facing. Multiple surgeries in recent years have left him significantly incapacitated and in the care of his elderly mother, and in constant, profound pain from open facial wounds, scarring and swelling.

His road to recovery continues to be arduous and painful. It is not possible for him to work, and he is troubled by the fact that he is totally reliant on his mother, Cathy, who is at an age where he had hoped to be caring for her instead.

Bob’s active participation on HTF and the friendships formed here continue to be one of his sustaining comforts.

Bob related that soon after one of his surgeries, a real estate agent’s lawyer steered him to sign an online contract, which turned out to be an authorisation to sell their home to a property developer. This was when he was at his most vulnerable and he wasn’t clear what he was signing.

The house belongs to Cathy, not Bob, so he ought not have had any authority to sell it. Nevertheless, lawyers for the developer are attempting to enforce the contract. Cathy only learned about this several months later.

Bob and Cathy have little financial means with which to mount an effective legal challenge to this, but if it were left unchallenged, they’d lose their home. So, the matter is listed for a court hearing on 23rd June.

They have set up an online drive to raise legal funds and have so far raised $700 towards a goal of $10,000. To realistically approach this target would require wider awareness and participation. To this end, HTF owners have given not only their permission, but their enthusiastic support ‘to host a gofundme for one of our most active and dedicated members’.

As you can imagine, it is very difficult for Bob to request your assistance in this way. However, if you feel you can lend your support, it will mean the world to Bob and Cathy.

Contributions may be made via the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/84-year-old-and-they-want-my-land

Aside from funding, your well-wishes, positive thoughts, prayers and good vibes will go a long way to help Bob and Cathy feel valued and supported as they seek the opportunity to adequately present their side of the case in court.

Thank you!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
So sorry to hear this and my thoughts and prayers go out to Bob and Cathy. Happy to make a contribution, but I hope they have looked into getting legal assistance. Many services and law firms offer free assistance:

ABA Free Legal Help
Dear Rodney Thank you for your help as you know my mind is not good we have gone to every place for assistance as this is civil they will not appoint a lawyer and ONE quoted 10K last year I had gained a on line job 750.00a week then the health went worse and they had to pull the offer right now all I have to my name is less than 4K thankfully I have no bills My Mom is just waiting on the letter from the lawyer taking the case which she will then return and that means she has help I love all my extended family here my Brother RMajidi has been a blessing as have others who sent me a CD for XMAs dvd's blu rays too When this whole thing started VCI sent me a box of dvd's they talked with me while i was in the hospital for a month I am not afraid to work and look to being able to get back I need prayers badly as does my Mom I love you all dearly MORE THAN you realize

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
This post has the wholehearted support of HTF owners, past and present as well as the permission of its subject, long-time member Robert ‘Bob’ Grippo (@RobertMG ).

Several here are already aware of the difficulties which Bob has been facing. Multiple surgeries in recent years have left him significantly incapacitated and in the care of his elderly mother, and in constant, profound pain from open facial wounds, scarring and swelling.

His road to recovery continues to be arduous and painful. It is not possible for him to work, and he is troubled by the fact that he is totally reliant on his mother, Cathy, who is at an age where he had hoped to be caring for her instead.

Bob’s active participation on HTF and the friendships formed here continue to be one of his sustaining comforts.

Bob related that soon after one of his surgeries, a real estate agent’s lawyer steered him to sign an online contract, which turned out to be an authorisation to sell their home to a property developer. This was when he was at his most vulnerable and he wasn’t clear what he was signing.

The house belongs to Cathy, not Bob, so he ought not have had any authority to sell it. Nevertheless, lawyers for the developer are attempting to enforce the contract. Cathy only learned about this several months later.

Bob and Cathy have little financial means with which to mount an effective legal challenge to this, but if it were left unchallenged, they’d lose their home. So, the matter is listed for a court hearing on 23rd June.

They have set up an online drive to raise legal funds and have so far raised $700 towards a goal of $10,000. To realistically approach this target would require wider awareness and participation. To this end, HTF owners have given not only their permission, but their enthusiastic support ‘to host a gofundme for one of our most active and dedicated members’.

As you can imagine, it is very difficult for Bob to request your assistance in this way. However, if you feel you can lend your support, it will mean the world to Bob and Cathy.

Contributions may be made via the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/84-year-old-and-they-want-my-land

Aside from funding, your well-wishes, positive thoughts, prayers and good vibes will go a long way to help Bob and Cathy feel valued and supported as they seek the opportunity to adequately present their side of the case in court.

Thank you!
Thank you my dear friend thank you to Mr E Colin and Jonathan I am humbled by this I will keep you all in the loop every step of the way when the lawyer gets us the letter for my Mom to sign I will let you know your prayers are keeping me alive your kindness will help my Mom save her home

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks to you Rodney and RMajidi up to 800.00! Long way to go thank you to all for reading my troubles
Thank you my dear friend thank you to Mr E Colin and Jonathan I am humbled by this I will keep you all in the loop every step of the way when the lawyer gets us the letter for my Mom to sign I will let you know your prayers are keeping me alive your kindness will help my Mom save her home
Thank you Becky

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks to my dear friends here we have added nearly 200.00 thank you for your help

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I hate I have to say this but, based on some recent personal experience in a [somewhat] similar matter, I do feel compelled to caution you. Be careful with lawyers. While I understand most are dedicated, hard-working professionals, there are more than a few who will prey on people in situations such as yours, taking your money and producing little to no results in return. My wife's brother encountered such an individual last year and it turned out to be a costly mistake.

I have no legal expertise myself but I would think any reasonable judge would at least grant a continuance based on your circumstances and also to allow you sufficient time to research and mount an adequate defense.

This is also the type of material local news outlets love to expose, so that might be another avenue.

Prayers are with you, Robert.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I hate I have to say this but, based on some recent personal experience in a [somewhat] similar matter, I do feel compelled to caution you. Be careful with lawyers. While I understand most are dedicated, hard-working professionals, there are more than a few who will prey on people in situations such as yours, taking your money and producing little to no results in return. My wife's brother encountered such an individual last year and it turned out to be a costly mistake.

I have no legal expertise myself but I would think any reasonable judge would at least grant a continuance based on your circumstances and also to allow you sufficient time to research and mount an adequate defense.

This is also the type of material local news outlets love to expose, so that might be another avenue.

Bob, I’m also not a lawyer, and more particularly, I’m unfamiliar with the US legal system.

Nevertheless, I agree wholeheartedly with John about seeing whether the court can allow more time for you to prepare properly for this, in light of all the circumstances. June 23 is just around the corner.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Thank you my friend -- we have gone through every legal aid and no help because this is civil looking at even tv as u suggest we only have till 6/23 Prayers are GRATEFULLY received! With the right lawyer we can win Hope your wifes brother has a chance too I do believe in miracles when she started the go fund me people laughed (not here here people have been a blessing) we are now at 820.00! I know the economy is hard but we will provide full accounting of every dime and expense the lawyer gives us I might not recover but at least we can keep my Mom in the home she bought with my dad in 1967 for her and her two dogs whom she loves dearly

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Bob, I’m also not a lawyer, and more particularly, I’m unfamiliar with the US legal system.

Nevertheless, I agree wholeheartedly with John about seeing whether the court can allow more time for you to prepare properly for this, in light of all the circumstances. June 23 is just around the corner.
Yes I agree - the hold up is the letter he said he would mail it waiting on it the minute he gets it back he will go to the court and say he is now the lawyer and that will give her a chance

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
To all feel free to send me any comments me thru conversations as not to have any opposition from the lawyers that should not see this ALL my friends here send any suggestions to the conversations link I will answer them truthfully and honest

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I live in Long Island if anyone knows a real estate lawyer let me know too

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Update BOY still need lots of help Thanks to u all we have 850.00 towards a lawyer 0 the court gave us one last adjournment till 7/24/23 one lawyer was supposed to come to our house but has not shown hopefully now monday THANK YOU DEAR friends

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Still talking with two lawyers - will update soon

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
My Mother has signed a retainer with a very good lawyer I see so many have looked at this thread and want to thank my dear brother from another mother down under and all who supported this and who was so gracious to help this lawyer is talking 10K and maybe more on top if anyone wants to know what he is doing PM me so I can explain but please if you can help it would make it easier on my Mother

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
So far we collected 1,453 thank you getting closer to the goal of 10K Bless all here YES WE HAVE A LAWYER

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks