What's new

HTF Member Bob Grippo (RobertMG) has sadly passed away (1 Viewer)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Being 66 and with some persistent kidney issues, I am more aware of our mortality. I don't think I ever interacted with RobertMG, I always appreciated his knowledge, his passion and his posts. Some folks, I just skimmed, but I always read his. I will miss your presence on this board.

Prayers for his family, friends and especially his dear Mom.

RIP good sir.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I always admired how RobertMG continued to communicate on these boards. How he plowed through, completely aware of those setback moments when his writing was not perfect…telling us, guiding us…and then expressed another thought, another interest, another contribution.

RobertMG’s passions were never detoured. It is all evident and accessible on every archived thread. He clearly loved HTF and its membership.

Only the other day had I become aware of his published books on Macy’s and the Thanksgiving day parades. I will be purchasing both of his books and shall be reading them with the greatest of wonder and admiration. RobertMG was clearly that of a pro-active and creative spirit. A parade, for God’s sake. Macy’s no less. Looking in from the outside, Robert’s MO of life was apparently that of bringing an epic joy to the lives of others.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I always hate learning that we've lost another regular. I couldn't find an obituary for him, but in a way his volume of posts here and elsewhere provide their own sort of record of who he was and what he valued.
Thanks Adam, I too tried to find a memorial Obituary, you'd think with his "Macy's" connection that he would appear in The NY Times? And he may still? Please if anyone reading this finds Bob's Obituary please share it here with us.
And you're right Adam, all of these comments and memeories of Bob here in the forum and elsewhre do give honor to his memory. Ans yes, he will be missed,

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Thanjks Adam, I too tried to find a memorial Obituary, you'd think with his "Maxy's" connection that he would appear in The NY Times? And he may still? Please if anyone reading this finds Gogs Obituary please share it here with us. […]
Is it possible that The NY Times has not yet been contacted to know of Robert’s passing via any family member? Based solely on my readings of HTF posts, it appears that Cathy has not reached out to anybody, which may also be inclusive of any periodical.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is the latest in a string of sad news I've received lately. Death comes to us all at some point, so I tend to try to focus on the life lived by the individual. My interactions with Robert have been relatively few but I remember him as someone who was always respectful and reasoned, even when we did not agree. HTF and the world at large could use more such temperaments.

May he Rest In Peace and my prayers will include his family.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Although all of my emails were unanswered, I attempted once more to try and comtact Bobs Mother Cathy, hoping that she might return an email with more information on Bob. This was the email that I sent her:

Cathy,

I'm so sorry, I heard that Bob, your son and my friend passed away on January 20th. I know of many on the Home theater Forum that knew Bob fairly well and wanted to be able to share in any memorial service for Bob. I've written and tried to call at the house, but heard that you might be staying with your niece? This explains why the phone just keeps on ringing, when I've tried calling you. I loved sharing from my movie collection with /Bob and you. He told me that you two would sit down together and watch the films together. I always thought that was cool.

Please let me know how I can help and if there is or was any memorial of Bob's life, please update me so that I can pass this information along to those friends of Bobs that have not heard yet. There is a thread on the Home Theater Forum page about Bob, and many are sharing their memories and thoughts, here is the link ~ https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...grippo-robertmg-has-sadly-passed-away.382035/

Please know that his friends here loved him and are sorry for your loss. Please contact me here, anytime, Todd Sigmier

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
That is a beautiful message, Todd! If you sent it to Cathy’s verizon email address, then I‘m afraid it will bounce back. Only yesterday, I got a bounce-back of messages to Cathy’s and Bob’s addresses, so I think both are closed down now.

Thanks to @Joel Arndt ‘s lead, I found Bob’s Macy’s Facebook page, which is now being moderated by his friend Bill Smith:

The email listed is Bob’s, which is no longer operable. I don’t have a FB account, but could view the public-facing articles, and it’s great to see photos of Bob in healthier days and his complete devotion to this undertaking. Even during the times we knew he was suffering greatly, he was posting positive and enthusiastic messages, and always highlighting the efforts of others rather than his own.

Also found this, which seems to be his last post on FB, coming just a few days after his last email to me. The medical details are confronting, so I won’t repeat them here, but will include the link for anyone who wishes to see effectively Bob’s parting message, which finishes with “thank u all!”

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That is a beautiful message, Todd! If you sent it to Cathy’s verizon email address, then I‘m afraid it will bounce back. Only yesterday, I got a bounce-back of messages to Cathy’s and Bob’s addresses, so I think both are closed down now.

Thanks to @Joel Arndt ‘s lead, I found Bob’s Macy’s Facebook page, which is now being moderated by his friend Bill Smith:

The email listed is Bob’s, which is no longer operable. I don’t have a FB account, but could view the public-facing articles, and it’s great to see photos of Bob in healthier days and his complete devotion to this undertaking. Even during the times we knew he was suffering greatly, he was posting positive and enthusiastic messages, and always highlighting the efforts of others rather than his own.

Also found this, which seems to be his last post on FB, coming just a few days after his last email to me. The medical details are confronting, so I won’t repeat them here, but will include the link for anyone who wishes to see effectively Bob’s parting message, which finishes with “thank u all!”

Thanks Ramin, maybe this Bill Smith has a better contact for Bobs mother or even his niece? To at least bring closure and the answeres to questions still not answered? thanks again, Todd

Here is a photo of Bob in happier times, I though the friends here would like.

Attachments

• 14468239_522531567943210_6342307805718313477_o.jpg
    14468239_522531567943210_6342307805718313477_o.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks