What's new

We Lost HTF Member Johnny Angell (5 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I don't normally check the After Hours Lounge (outside of threads I already subscribed) and don't generally keep up w/ "latest posts" much, so only just now noticed (via Johnny's brief profile status on an old post) while revisiting some old posts (in a subscribed thread) from the past year...

So very sorry...

Rest in peace, Johnny...

_Man_

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It was only as of recent that I became aware of the “Deceased Member” insignia. Inclusive of Johnny, I saw so many other members all at once. It was humbling and pulled me into an important evening of pause and reflection.

As for this evening, I thank Malcolm R for sending me the link to this After Hours tribute to Johnny Angell. I read each and every post. Not only is this a tribute to Johnny, but it is also a tribute to our HTF membership; as these outpourings of condolences and recognitions solidifies for me that we have here both a brotherhood and a family.

We speak of films, stars and Hollywood on this site; but stick around long enough, and one will soon discover - far and away from the movie screen - the more real and grounded souls of human light.

Johnny Angell inspires. His life lived was by example. And he can take credit upon this evening; some 11 months after his passing; for re-awakening a thing or two within myself. There was a wealth of goodness within this being. And thankfully these HTF threads were here to capture and preserve his memory.

Rest in Peace, Johnny;
and Thank You for your service.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell inspires. His life lived was by example. And he can take credit upon this evening; some 11 months after his passing; for re-awakening a thing or two within myself. There was a wealth of goodness within this being. And thankfully these HTF threads were here to capture and preserve his memory.

Amen, Philip.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
The man is gone, but his memory remains, thanks partly to this forum, as we can still read his wisdom.
It makes you think about ageing when people you have interacted with over the years suddenly are no longer there.
I was young when I discovered this hobby and this forum, but I am no longer, but I have found reading and posting here that I have learned so much, not just about movies, but about life.
So, RIP Johnny, hope you are in a safe place, and rest assured I still read your posts. TTL, when it's my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks