What's new

Question for CinemaQuest/Ideal-Lume users (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Hello,
I have a Ideal-Lume back lighting product that I got as a gift last Christmas. The bulb recently burnt out. When I examined the unit I noticed the plastic cover had become quite yellow. I tried cleaning it with no luck. I also noticed that the inside of the plastic cover was noticibly more yellow than the outside. The unit is not in a position where sun light could get on it.
Has anyone else run seen this problem? Given the nature of the product, any coloring of the light source seems like a problem to me.
-Keith

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
If you go back on the CinemaQuest website, you will find filters are now available to more accurately control the light source.
There is also a recommendation NOT to use the translucent cover. They did not say it had to due with discoloration but it's one way to eliminate that problem.
It would also reduce the heat and extend tube life I would think. However, you must have had a defective tube, because I understand they are good for thousands and thousands of hours.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Well I just received a reply from CinemaQuest. They are shipping a new bulb and plastic cover to me free of charge. What great service! I wish all companies responded so quickly.
-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks