What's new

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
This film was the peak for the original cast. The last time Star Trek would be this popular solely because of the OG cast.

The Undiscovered Country was quite a big hit as well. Fans turned out to see the send-off for that cast. The full audience in the theater I went to applauded during the cast signatures portion of the end credits.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Undiscovered Country was quite a big hit as well. Fans turned out to see the send-off for that cast. The full audience in the theater I went to applauded during the cast signatures portion of the end credits.
Sure but it wasn't the same crossover hit. You said it yourself; fans turned out and the critics generally liked it but it didn't have the same appeal. TNG was also 5 years in, so that show's popularity boosted the Star Trek brand and had, for a time, eclipsed the original show's popularity. But The Voyage Home was the peak period for the original cast.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Sure but it wasn't the same crossover hit. You said it yourself; fans turned out and the critics generally liked it but it didn't have the same appeal. TNG was also 5 years in, so that show's popularity boosted the Star Trek brand and had, for a time, eclipsed the original show's popularity. But The Voyage Home was the peak period for the original cast.

Fair enough.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
George and Gracie did well. :).

Cool article, its interesting to learn a whale and other marine life can be so critical to the environment.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
V has grown on me over the decades... It's not the best but it's also not quite as bad as its detractors would have you believe. Or maybe I should say that, for me, even "bad" Star Trek is better than lots of the SF foisted upon theaters/viewers.
No, it's not quite as bad as its detractors would have you believe. It's worse. It's much, much worse.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
ST:V was one of the only films I saw in theaters back in the day where the audience actually booed it when the end credits came up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
ST:V is the only one of those 6 I won't be owning on disc (at all) -- I do have the iTunes digital, which presumably upgraded to 4K (for free), but only because it came bundled in a great deal for all 10 pre-Abrams-reboot/alternate-timeline films, LOL.

_Man_

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I watched all six movies late year. I will just say it's a thrill to own these on UHD BD where as they now look like film.

The old Blus from 2009(?) generally look like over processed mess. The UHD BDs are such a massive upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks