What's new

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Re: The Fab 5 on Leno, Thom did a great job with the guest room, but I didn't like the stage. Now....

Last nights episode was pretty good and it seemed they just needed to rearrange their apartment to get it a more spacious feel. Thom does do an amazing job with interior design. Thom had some good laughs, him making fun of the wisping shelves on that one wall, and his comment "Yeah, it's apparent." when the girlfriend said they didn't know what to do with heir place. IMO Thom is the best talent on the show, he does have a great eye for design.

Kyan and the Cop in their underwear was very funny, that guy will never live that one down at his work. His girlfriend is quite good looking.

Carsons comment about having a brown chunk on your finger was outrageous, it was even funnier when you could see the Fab 5's reaction to it.

Have any of you guys noticed how the Q-E symbol they have looks like a pair of sunglasses? I just noticed it the other day when I showed the show to a friend of mine, I thought it was very clever.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yep, another great episode. i thought this guy was probably the most homophobic of the bunch, but when he started camping it up at the end, then i realized he was either cool with it...or just campy with his woman.

i felt kinda bad for kyan (the grooming guy?) when the dude kept harshing on the gayness of getting the spray tan. but it was funny watching his reactions to the whole thing.

overall, i think he took it pretty well. you could see he was having a hard time with the whole thing.

yeah, the girlfriend definitely had the "boobages" going on. but she was cute all over. a definite score any way you look at them ... i mean her. ;)

carson's comment "in our community, that's frowned upon..." was too funny. like jeremia said, watching their reaction just made it even more so.

i also liked thom's (i'm glad you guys can remember their names...the only one i remember is carson) comment about one of the rooms: "this room is stupid!".

re: product placement. i read an article in some magazine that talked about how much business those stores do after being plugged on the show. some places quoted a forty-percent increase in business. after the episode where they visited the ralph lauren store and highlighted that pink blazer (at 800.00 a pop) - they sold something like eight of them within two weeks. not too shabby...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I wanted to punch the guy. "Dont look at my D**K"!
"Dont look below my Waist".
Whatever.
I would have told the guy to get the hell out and do all the stuff yourself since he had already done such a great job(not) himself.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
George !!

Best. Episode. Ever.

Sooooo many great lines ...

Carson: "I have a "seaman" couch too !", "We could have a steel cage tanning match", "Do I run around with a shirt that says 'stylist' ?", "They're some sort of man-panties", and when he's putting all his clothes in a box labeled "TO: ATHENS" in Greek-style lettering

Thom: "This is very P.O.W"

Ted: "One of the first signs that your refrigerator needs some adjustment is when your milk transitions from a liquid to a solid"

He was sooooo sweet to his mom. And that HOT girl totally wanted him. Great how they were yelling at the two goofs who followed her up to his apt. And, he also made out like a total bandit ... that club chair alone is like $1400. Didn't really go for his clothes, however. Not a big fan of linen.

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I wonder if these will come out on DVD?
Possibly, it would make an interesting box set for sure. The only reason I can think of off the bat why it wouldn't is that I put it in the same categoy as those Trading Space or While You Were Out type shows. While entertaining they don't normally transition to a DVD market.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Did you see the girl sitting next to the hot girl? She had the bitterest look on her face, like, "I hope George sees through this b****'s act and realizes that I'm the girl for him." Or maybe it was just, "does this b**** always need to be the center of attention?" (She was pretty hot herself, I gotta say.)

Brett_H

Second Unit
Stupid question: Anyone that saw the new one last night, do you know where to find those Adidas (?) shoes that were super-ventilated, not requiring socks?

They looked great, but I couldn't find them on Adidas.com.

Oh, and on topic: if "Alexander the Great" didn't get some use that night, this guy's hopeless! That deal was all but sealed, she was practically drooling.

-Brett.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I agree, Great show.
This show and the one where the guy proposes I think were the most successful and I got the feeling the guys were the most appreciative.
I love Happy endings.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
"George" was a great episode. George might not be the brightest bulb in the pack; but he's a genuinely nice guy.

He was sooooo sweet to his mom. And that HOT girl totally wanted him. Great how they were yelling at the two goofs who followed her up to his apt.
The hot chick with the blue top absolutely wanted "Alexander the Great". Even a dork like me could close that deal. ;)

It's a good thing Carson wasn't around for Ted's "meat suitcase" comment.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
another excellent carson line (paraphrased): "i pulled these pictures while thinking about you. i also pulled something else...." :laugh:
This show and the one where the guy proposes I think were the most successful and I got the feeling the guys were the most appreciative.
i thought the exact same thing. i really like it when the straight guy lets down his guard and isn't afraid to show his real feelings. you could tell george was almost crying when the fab5 left the backyard.

that gal in the blue top was a hottie. was she the same gal doing the little mini-commentaries? i was like, hubba hubba!

i wasn't 100% on his haircut though. it *definitely* looked better then before, but still...something didn't quite work for me.

man, that weber bbq alone would have been worth the price of admission.

his mom was so sweet too....very nice to see.

one of the best ep's so far.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I saw Gay Stereotype for Middle American Comfort last night, and frankly, I can't wait for it to go off the air. How about giving Reichen and Chip their own show? They may be hot and well groomed, but at least they don't work in the fashion/decorating industry.

Mind you, the OTHER makeover shows need to go as well, but at least those are just vacuous

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
nice thread fart jeff.

what's so bad about the show? it's a bunch of guys with some modicum of style trying to help out someone who has not.

i see no harm in the fact that they're gay. as already discussed, the fact that they're gay does not automatically make them hip. if anything, i think it presents them in a good light...uh...well...hopefully you know what i mean.

let's not get into stereotypes here.

what's attractive about the show (at least to me) is that they really do appear sincere. it may just be an act, but that's not the vibe i get.

i certainly wouldn't call it vacuous. :rolleyes

DeeF

Screenwriter
What's wrong with men's haircuts, these days?

I didn't like George's hair before, that long stringy do. Kinda like Mary, of Peter, Paul and....

But after, his hair was a mess! Jheuje, my ass! Why can't people look neat? What's with the jheujing?

I like the show, I particularly like Thom Filicia, the designer, and how he transforms the apartments.

But the clothes and hair -- just isn't it for me.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This was a great episode! What a good Greek boy he was. :D

I liked his new hair, something neat and tidy wouldn't have fit his style.

The girl in blue was totally hot, and her comments made it seem like she would've jumped into bed with George if they had gone to his bedroom just the two of them. :)

I loved when she put her hands up against her chest, after they had shown earlier the conversation about body language. :D

George did a good job too, the only thing he sort of messed up was the seasoning for the asparagus, I believe, but that seemed to have worked out fine.

It's nice when the result is this good and everyone involved seem happy with the results.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I saw Gay Stereotype for Middle American Comfort last night, and frankly, I can't wait for it to go off the air. How about giving Reichen and Chip their own show? They may be hot and well groomed, but at least they don't work in the fashion/decorating industry.
Shouldn't you be watching Buffy and bitching about not liking sports?:rolleyes

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Are you quietly trying to reach out to us to say that you need help with a makeover Jeff?
It sounds like someone definitely has "Issues."

I dont think the show will be going of the air anytime soon. The ratings have been great and the Fab Five just signed a million dollar book deal. I even saw them on a few magazines while in a bookstore today.

As far as stereotypes go, arent most people a stereotype to some degree? Television is full of them, brains, mobsters, maids, burned out Doctors, waitresses, spoiled rich girls, the government agent,the jock, the smartass...

There are people that act like the fab five, like it or not. I work with some, I even have friends that do so you can call it a stereotype but there are the Jacks and there are the Wills.

Would you like the show more if the guys were all Butch?
Would it make it more comfortable for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks