What's new

Put my money where my mouth is...purchased an HD-A2 (1 Viewer)

ShaggyHD

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
I was also happy to jump into HD-DVD not long ago. It was definently worth it and it was even better when my wife commented on the noticeable difference (which for her she didn't notice it at first but it grew on her).

The only thing that sucks is my money is really tight right now so I can't go out and buy all the HD-DVD's I'd like to. I'd love to keep supporting the format but the money situation keeps fluctuating with unexpected expenses (surgery for my dog, two flat tires in two weeks, etc.)

troy evans

Screenwriter
I feel Ya.The HD DVDs will be there and more than likely a little cheaper as time goes by.Hi-Def is here to stay.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I've also just purchased the A2 Toshiba I should be recieving it next week. I can't wait. I figured now was the right time to make the plunge since word of mouth has been mostly positive and more and more titles are being released over the next few months. It also came with 3 free movies so what the hell. :emoji_thumbsup:

My first "official" HD purchase will be "Purple Rain" coming out July 24th. I can't wait to see Prince and the Revolution in HD!!!!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

I also noticed Warner is releasing 3 "Best Of" bundles in September with 4 movies at a very low price. I think that's a great idea to wet people's appetites. I just wish they had better titles in some of them ;)

I will also eventually buy Batman Begins, MI3 & Adventures Of Robin Hood among others since most people have said they are some of the best looking in HD so far.

PS I'm really looking forward to "The Wild Bunch" in September also!!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey Shane...YES, do pick up Batman Begins. The audio track will take off the enamel on your teeth. :D Adventures of Robin Hood is truly a gem. A film this old should NOT look this good but it does. It really does.

Enjoy "Prince" as you watch your first 'official' HD DVD. :) Report back the experience if you will. :cool:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I've jumped in. Thanks to the great deal for the A2 for 199 shipped from Rob at Value Electronics...seems being a member here also didn't hurt! ;)

Archangel

Agent
Real Name
Jason

No doubt! I just just received M:I:3 in the mail and watch it yesterday...it's like .02 grit sandpaper or something.

I can't wait till I get my HD-A2 as an upgrade to my 360 addon

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I would also like to recommend the Bourne series. I currently have the Bourne Supremacy and it is one fine disc, full of extras, great picture and awesome sound. And listen to the PiP commentary too, great track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks